What You'll Do
The New Products VXLAN Architect is responsible for driving creation of offers to ensure attainment of specific goals for gr...
What You'll Do
The New Products VXLAN Architect is responsible for driving creation of offers to ensure attainment of specific goals for growth and scalability. You will also be responsible for developing compelling early stage custom customer offers, define proof of value strategies, gain customer validation in beachhead accounts, and package to the point where they can be handed off to CX Platforms for scale and standardization. You will deliver readiness strategy and materials that enable their offers to be delivered with quality and consistency across global delivery teams.
Other Responsibilities Include:
Who You'll Work With
- Ensure tight alignment with BE product line managers at the appropriate level
- Drive collaboration and/or co-development with engineering counterparts on proof of value projects
- Validate proof of value during beachhead account co-development and delivery, in collaboration with key customers; includes criteria for shutting down further development in some cases
- Support blocking issues for early customer delivery, prior to market scale
- Define hand-off to field enablement and support function for offers moving to scale
Working closely with the CX Product Management team, you will drive offer incubation from inception, to creation, to structured market trials. You will also work closely with BE(s), CX Product Management, and the assigned Incubation Project Manager to define roadmap and delivery achievements. Lastly, you will work closely with CX Platforms when tools, platforms, and supporting technologies are ready to be transitioned to scale or sustaining engineering; acting as an SME as needed.Who You Are
You are a strategic leader with a depth of experience driving transformation across a broad set of technologies across the Globe. You have the ability to view the current environment and accurately anticipate the requirements of our customers in the coming 12-18-24 months.Our Minimum Requirements are as follows:
- A Bachelor's Degree is required with a minimum of 10+ years' related experience.
- Strong Experience with Data Center design and implementation - Hands-on experience a must!
- Strong Routing and Switching Skills in large scale network environment.
- Excellent knowledge of OSPF, ISIS, MP-BGP, MPLS VPNs and Multicast Routing.
- Excellent knowledge of Network Overlays such as MPLS, LISP, Fabrichpath, OTV and VXLAN.
- Fundamental understanding and experience with SDN and data center automation tools.
- Good Knowledge of Datacenter Compute and Virtualization (Vmware,KVM)
- Understanding of API's and essential scripting knowledge (Bash/Python/Ansible etc)
- Understanding of Cloud Services (AWS/Google Cloud/Microsoft Azure)
- Hands-on experience on Cisco Nexus platform a plus.
- Experience in developing design documents, white papers and lab guides.
- Conversant, knowledgeable and passionate around customer, market and competitive trends and movements influencing how broad technical transitions are unfolding across IT and Business
- Knowledgeable, articulate and capable to define and deliver high value quantifiable and repeatable business outcome approaches that can be codified in the services offering portfolio
- Ability to apply key elements required to effectively carry out change, and build them into offers our offers
- Demonstrates strong consultative skills in gaining understanding customer business challenges and engaging in joint problem solving
- Strong communication skills, active listener, ability to synthesize high level information
- Strong collaboration, influencing and facilitation skills. Shown ability to influence and lead outside of organization and across roles and functions
- Credible in a technical discussion at executive and with expert support at technical level
- Experience strategizing and delivering transformational projects / programs
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here's how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. - provided by Dice