Network Engineer responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining the data center network infrastructure in support of building the ...
Network Engineer responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining the data center network infrastructure in support of building the next generation of cloud platforms for blockchain, crypto-currency, and AI applications.
Responsibilities will include actively managing the design and maintenance of the network in all aspects, including LAN, WAN, VPN, routers, switches, and firewalls.
- Maintain our technical network infrastructure, including implementing patches and various applications, developing, and designing new infrastructures to meet the business needs.
- Implement security measures across hardware and software in accordance with company requirements, updating associated documentation as needed.
- Troubleshooting system and network issues and implementing solves as needed, including addressing software and hardware complications.
- Establish Network Engineer best practices.
- Manage system backups and related data recovery protocols.
- Manage network access, use, capacity planning, resource utilization and more, while creating and maintaining related network documentation.
- Create and scale a geographically diverse, high-performance, integrated network using modeling and analysis.
- Deep understanding of network protocols, Internet architecture, and network for cloud computing.
- Knowledge of advanced routers and switches configuration and control is mandatory.
- Software programming is also a must: scripting languages (Python) and basic web programming, virtual machines, cloud network services.
- Hands-on experience in configuring, basic architecture, and setup of IT network elements needed in data centers is required.
- Knowledge about SDN and NFV and basic understanding of network security are a plus.
- Ability to travel to data center facilities for network implementation and upgrade projects.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Network Administration, Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field preferred.
- 4+ years of experience in IT, networking, or related field.
- Strong understanding of data center infrastructure and operations.
- provided by Dice