Role: .Net Software Architect Duration: Long term contract Location: Chicago or Minneapolis (hybrid) Client: Large Financial Services Cli...
Role: .Net Software Architect
Duration: Long term contract
Location: Chicago or Minneapolis (hybrid)
Client: Large Financial Services Client
Our client is looking for a motivated and experienced technical leader to be a key player in changing how we deliver technology for our Wealth Management & Investment Services business. This person will have direct and far reaching impact on Cloud adoption, Agile/DevOps maturity in addition to working with Machine Learning and Blockchain technologies. The role requires working across a broad spectrum of technology and business partners to deliver a portfolio of products for our customers. There could not be a better time to join our team as we transform how we deliver technology.
• Self-starter who can pick up new technologies/skills, be comfortable with ambiguity and drive initiatives forward
• Identify end to end solutions, leverage best practices and patterns
• Create Proof of Concepts, apply existing technologies in new ways, prove out new approaches and technologies
• Provides technical governance and guidance in partnership with application development teams
• Researches, models, and integrates business and technology architectures to align with business strategy, goals and objectives
• Consults on a wide spectrum of existing and emerging technologies
• Reviews high-risk technology projects for compatibility with IT standards and strategic direction
• Drive portfolio initiatives around technology simplification, resilience, stability
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• At least 5 years' experience with the concepts, philosophies and tools behind the design of applications, information and underlying information technologies
• At least 10 years' experience with developing and implementing applications and end to end solutions
• Solution Architecture role (3+ years) coming from an Application Architect/Senior Application Developer background
• Very strong Interpersonal skills with excellent verbal and written communication
• Collaborative style with an ability to achieve consensus
• Proven technical leader
• App Stack (must have) - .NET Core, REST, Microservice, React
• Database experience (must have) - Microsoft SQL Server (must have), Cassandra (nice to have), large/complex datasets, data modelling, performance, platform evolution, data delivery
• Cloud (Required) - Docker/K8s. On-prem, AWS and/or Google Cloud Platform.
• Delivery (Required) - proven track record with CI/CD, Agile/DevOps, Test Automation
• Design of an application's code base, layering, componentization, framework selection a plus
• End to end system solutioning/exposure...Security, Performance, Availability, Scalability.
• Information Security and Financial Services domain knowledge a plus
• Messaging Middleware - Kafka(preferable), TIBCO a plus
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or . - provided by Dice