IBM Research Scientists are charting the future of Artificial Intelligence, creating breakthroughs in quantum computing, disco...
IBM Research Scientists are charting the future of Artificial Intelligence, creating breakthroughs in quantum computing, discovering how blockchain will reshape the enterprise, and much more. Join a team that is dedicated to applying science to some of today's most complex challenges, whether it's discovering a new way for doctors to help patients, teaming with environmentalists to clean up our waterways or enabling retailers to personalize customer service.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Research in Albany, NY is seeking an experienced professional to work on development of magnetic tunnel junction (MTJ) materials for Magnetoresistive Random Access Memory (MRAM) technology. Candidates with a track record of innovation and strong interest in technology development are encouraged to apply. This role requires a strong technical understanding of MTJ materials properties and a working understanding of MTJ device characteristics needed for MRAM technology. The work will be done in conjunction with a diversely skilled team, so demonstrated collaboration and communication skills are also essential.
Design of MTJ film stacks to meet specific MRAM technology requirements. Analysis of experimental data related to MTJ materials and MTJ device properties. Programming and operation of industrial multi-chamber, multi-target PVD tool for magnetic materials including MTJ films. Use of statistical process control charts and methods for maintaining a complex, multilayered MTJ film deposition process. It is required that the hired candidate be a strong team player with a demonstrated track record of working effectively within teams and across organizations to meet challenging goals and milestones in an emerging area of microelectronics.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* M.S. in a related Science or Engineering discipline
* Two years professional experience in MTJ film development
* Deep expertise in growth of multilayered ultrathin films by PVD
* Deep expertise in methods of characterizing microstructure of ultrathin metal films, magnetic properties of thin films, TMR and magnetic properties of MTJ films.
* Strong presentation and technical writing skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
* Ph.D. in a related Science or Engineering discipline
* Five years professional experience in MTJ film development
* Background in development of MTJ materials for MRAM