Making Cents International (Making Cents) is leading the implementation of the Hawiyatii Digital Identity pilot pro...
Making Cents International (Making Cents) is leading the implementation of the Hawiyatii Digital Identity pilot project ("the pilot project") in Jordan, funded by the SANAD Technical Assistance Facility and in partnership with Microfund for Women (MFW) and the International Rescue Committee (IRC) Jordan. The goal of the pilot project is to develop and test a blockchain-based digital identity with different segments of Syrian refugees living in Jordan in order to assess the identity's impact on refugees' access to and repayment of credit and their hope for the future.
The digital identity platform, branded as Hawiyatii ("my identity" in Arabic), was designed to address two separate use cases for refugees. One, it will act as a "digital locker" that allows individuals to upload important information, such as their identification documents, employment history, and educational or training records that they can use as a back-up to their hard copies when proving identity or demonstrating experience. Two, it will facilitate microfinance institutions in Jordan, Syria, or elsewhere in assessing individuals' creditworthiness and encourage loan repayment, as the refugees' history of loan transactions will be captured on the platform. The identity may also serve other purposes, such as facilitating employment, as the platform allows refugees' work experience to be independently verified by former employers and presented to new employers to demonstrate qualifications.
The M&E Coordinator will lead the pilot project's M&E activities, overseeing quantitative and qualitative data collection activities, analyzing data or working with others to analyze data, and contributing to evaluation reports on the results of the pilot project. The M&E Coordinator play a crucial role in Jordan, following up with partner organizations MFW and IRC, and communicating with potential partners about the Hawiyatii digital identity platform. It is expected that the M&E Coordinator will be able to independently accomplish tasks to keep implementation of the pilot project on schedule.
Success in this role requires a talent for efficiently implementing effective M&E processes, a focus on quality, dedication to teamwork, and a skill for developing practical solutions to identified problems.
Monitoring & Evaluation
• Implement the project's Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning plan which includes coordinating data collection between partners
• Lead training with partner staff on quantitative data collection and data entry
• Monitor and ensure quality of quantitative data collection to include beneficiary surveys, partner management information system data, and digital identify platform metadata
• Lead qualitative data collection, including focus groups and interviews, with Hawiyatii users, partner staff, and other stakeholder as appropriate
• Develop database/storage systems for quantitative and qualitative data
• Analyze data and/or coordinate with data analysts
• Contribute to mid-term and final evaluation reports on the results of pilot project
• Participate in webinars and in-person learning events to disseminate results to stakeholders
Partnership Development and Coordination
• Maintain close communication between pilot project partners based in Jordan and follow up with them on outstanding issues as requested by Making Cents
• Lead marketing and communication with financial service providers, international and local NGOs, and large employers based in Jordan about Hawiyatii
• Pursue potential partnerships with stakeholders interested in joining the pilot project
• Participate in regular check-in calls between Making Cents, MFW, and IRC
• 3-5 years M&E experience
• Excellent writing and interpersonal communication skills
• Fluent in Arabic and English (written and spoken)
• Demonstrated practical skills in M&E of donor-funded development programs
• Strong knowledge of M&E methodology including data collection strategies, database development, data analysis and synthesis, and report writing
• Experience coordinating data collection amongst multiple project partners
• Advanced skills with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Ability to travel to field sites in Irbid and Amman regions as requested
Our ideal candidates are:
• Experienced with projects supporting refugees
• Focused on details, organization, and meeting deadlines
• Proactive and take initiative to get things done
• Strong communicators
• Able to coordinate with a diverse group of stakeholders
• Experienced with navigating and troubleshooting digital platforms
• Creative, innovative, and resourceful
Position Location: Amman, Jordan
Position Classification: Consultant. Length of position and hours will vary.
Making Cents International advances the social and economic well-being of youth and adults globally. We employ our capacity building, collaborative monitoring, evaluation, research, and learning services to understand project results; design innovative products and strategies; and advance the youth development and economic opportunity fields. Our success is grounded in our core values: emphasizing quality, encouraging innovation, fostering continuous learning, contextualizing services and materials, advancing development practice, encouraging teamwork, and understanding the environment. Please visit our corporate website to learn more.
Submit your CV online through the "Join Our Team" section of .
Deadline for application submission: November 16, 2018. Applicants are encouraged to apply early as interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
Making Cents International is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.
Are you a returning applicant?
Previous Applicants: Email: Password:
If you do not remember your password click here.
Back to Search Results