IBM Research Scientists are charting the future of Artificial Intelligence, creating breakthroughs in quantum computing, disco...
IBM Research Scientists are charting the future of Artificial Intelligence, creating breakthroughs in quantum computing, discovering how blockchain will reshape the enterprise, and much more. Join a team that is dedicated to applying science to some of today's most complex challenges, whether it's discovering a new way for doctors to help patients, teaming with environmentalists to clean up our waterways or enabling retailers to personalize customer service.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Research is seeking Researchers to work at its MIT-IBM Watson AI Lab is Cambridge, MA.
As an MIT-IBM Watson AI Lab Affiliated Professor, you will work part-time on the most cutting edge, exciting projects and collaborate with top researchers both inside IBM and at our partner universities. We are looking for Researchers who are as passionate as we are about artificial intelligence, advancing science, and inventing the next generation of intelligent machines.
Phd degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics or a related area is required.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* Expertise and experience in programming in one or more of these languages: Python, Java, C++, Matlab, R, etc.
* Advanced skill level in solving analytical problems using rigorous and quantitative approaches
* Advanced skill level in creating and applying new algorithms in AI disciplines such as machine learning, NLP, knowledge induction, and machine reasoning
* Experience in clearly and effectively communicating your research ideas in peer-reviewed technical conferences such as NIPS, ICML, ICLR, IJCAI, AAAI, AISTATS, ACL, CVPR, KDD or similar
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
* Advanced skill level with standard machine learning techniques and frameworks
* Experience analyzing large scale data from a variety of sources
* Design, validation, and characterization of algorithms and/or systems
* Experience with machine learning tools and frameworks including but not limited to: TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc.
* Contributions to open source projects