Bachelor's degree in software engineering or a related technical field is required (or equivalent experience), plus a ...
Bachelor's degree in software engineering or a related technical field is required (or equivalent experience), plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience. Agile experience preferred.
Department of Defense TS/SCI security clearance with a Polygraph is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required
Responsibilities for this Position
- This position is eligible for a sign-on bonus up to $20,000 for New Hires Only
- Referral bonuses up to $10,000 for critical hires are available to employees
- A Relocation package may be available for this position
Technologies: Microservices, AWS, Docker, Kafka, Kubernetes, Cassandra, Java 11, ReactJS, Spring Boot/Cloud/Data, Redis, Postgres
Tools: Maven, Node, Git, Sonar, Eclipse, IntelliJ, Atlassian Jira (Bitbucket, Confluence, Bamboo, Crucible)
Imagine building your career by developing the solutions that support the mission of our nation's service members, intelligence analysts and first responders. That's the challenge that's waiting for you at General Dynamics Mission Systems. Here you have the opportunity to redefine innovation and excellence for the world. Are you ready? Then make a career move that makes an impact at General Dynamics Mission Systems.
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve our customers' missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar space and everything in between.
As a Mid-Level Java Developer, you'll lead a team of extraordinary talent. Together you'll perform software requirements analysis, lead research and design, and develop and test software and tools. From inventing new products or enhancing existing applications, your talent and leadership abilities will be front and center. It's your chance to step up to the challenge and prove you're ready to lead the world. Additional Qualifications:
What you'll experience:
What you bring to the table:
- Technologies that aren't just top-notch, they're often top-secret
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring what's next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge - as it's discovered
What sets you apart:
- A Bachelor's in software engineering or a related technical field and a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience or a Master's degree and a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience; Agile experience preferred
- Thorough understanding of software engineering concepts, principles, and theories
- Expert at applying technical standards and methodologies to resolve issues in creative ways and help company meet financial and business objectives
- Very strong knowledge of software tools supporting Integrated Development Environments (IDE), version control, defect reporting and scripting
- Excellent communication skills
- Very strong knowledge of technology trends and the ability to champion new ideas, products and process improvements
- Ability to effectively handle complex assignments
- Creative thinking with the ability to effectively multi-task
- Linux Experience
- Application framework experience such as Spring Framework
- Familiarity with Microservices
- Familiarity with Docker or Kubernetes
Company Overview General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS)
engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran