The Manager, Emerging Technology is a key leader within the Health Plan's Enterprise Architecture organization, with responsibility...
The Manager, Emerging Technology is a key leader within the Health Plan's Enterprise Architecture organization, with responsibility for research & development, innovation, technology trend tracking and analysis, and business case funding around new and emerging technologies. In conjunction with their peers, including leaders in Architecture Governance, Domain Architecture, and Enterprise Data Services, the incumbent will drive Enterprise-level architecture and emerging technology strategy touching all of the Health Plan's lines of business.
With the Health Plan's focus on driving value for our members through the adoption of new technologies such as the Internet of Things (IoT), natural language processing, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and blockchain, the incumbent will be responsible for managing a function focused on delivering various technology prototypes and pilots in collaboration with a cross-functional team of software and systems architects, software engineers, business analysts, testers, and business partners.
* Designs, develops, and maintains an active inventory of new technologies by leveraging internal technology forums and committees, as well as technology information on the Health Plan's competitors and other peers.
* Designs, develops, and maintains an innovation lab, on-site and/or in the cloud, to trial technologies aligned with strategic goal-and-business-focused activities.
* Develops and supports technology-related business cases in order to ensure technology investments are properly prioritized, funded, and staffed.
* Designs, develops, and supports a strategy to empower the organization to rationalize emerging technologies against the Health Plan's existing technology portfolio in order to drive strategic IT innovation.
* Drives the identification, cultivation, and maintenance of technologies providing a foundation for breakthrough innovation in the Health Plan's products, services, and business models.
* Routinely evaluates research publications and technology trends, engendering productive debate around their feasibility and collaborating with engineering and partners throughout the business to apply these concepts to strengthen the organization.
* Manages a team of architects, engineers, and business analysts; makes hiring decisions, facilitates performance management and compensation decisions.
* Consistently demonstrates high standards of integrity by supporting the Lifetime Healthcare Companies' mission and values, adhering to the Corporate Code of Conduct and leading to the Lifetime Way values and beliefs.
* Conducts periodic staff meetings to include timely distribution and education related to departmental and Ethics/Compliance information.
* Maintains high regard for member privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and procedures.
* Regular and reliable attendance is expected and required.
* Performs other functions as assigned by management.
* Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field. Master's degree preferred.
* 10 years of related work experience; at least 4 years of experience leading teams and managing people.
* Demonstrated business leadership experience ? preferably in a large, complex, heavily matrixed organization.
* Demonstrated ability to interpret models and to explain trade-offs in non-technical terms; strong ability to distinguish between causal and correlative relationships.
* Demonstrated ability to distinguish between current, near-term, and long-term applicability of emerging technologies.
* Demonstrated ability to present information in varied and engaging ways ? leveraging visuals as well as written and verbal communication.
* Ability to travel across regions is required.
The Lifetime Healthcare Companies aims to attract the best talent from diverse socioeconomic, cultural and experiential backgrounds, to diversify our workforce and best reflect the communities we serve.
Our mission is to foster an environment where diversity and inclusion are explicitly recognized as fundamental parts of our organizational culture. We believe that diversity of thought and background drives innovation which enables us to provide leading-edge healthcare insurance and services. With that mission in mind, we recruit the best candidates from all communities, to diversify and strengthen our workforce.
OUR COMPANY CULTURE:
Employees are united by our Lifetime Way Values and Behaviors that include compassion, pride, excellence, innovation and having fun! We aim to be an employer of choice by valuing workforce diversity, innovative thinking, employee development, and by offering competitive compensation and benefits.
In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer