Brud sits at the intersection of technology and culture, driving a bold new future of media and entertainment. We are on a j...
Brud sits at the intersection of technology and culture, driving a bold new future of media and entertainment. We are on a journey to create a completely new way of telling stories, opening an ecosystem of community-powered technologies for creating stories and building worlds. If you're a creative, innovative, strategic and seriously experienced marketer, we need your help as we create this entirely new way of doing things.
The Marketing Lead will build awareness and drive adoption of Brud's new and exciting world of storytelling and community, leveraging their skills to lead us as we transfer creative power to fans, followers and a broader community of artists, creators, investors and partners.
This is a role for a highly strategic marketer with a proven ability to understand and drive action across a wide-range of audiences varying in interests and demographics (from fine art to pop music, Gen Z girls to older male crypto enthusiasts). The right candidate not only has the ability to think critically about where and how to best engage each audience as we bring them into our ecosystem of products and platforms, but also has experience leveraging traditional, scrappy and creative tactics across disciplines (digital, media - managed, paid, earned, communications, profile and brand building, partnerships and community engagement) to meet measurable objectives and long-term goals. The Marketing Lead will work in close collaboration with other leaders at Brud, most critically our President, Chief Content Officer and Head of Community, to evangelize our mission and products from vision to inception, from launch to growth.
- Lead and own marketing and communications for this forward-thinking
- community-driven media organization and its products (incorporating skills across
- communications, corporate, consumer and product marketing)
- Convey and evangelize the Brud community mission, vision and ethos to core audiences
- within and beyond our current community; explore and define non-traditional pathways
- for connecting with key audience segments.
- Define and evolve Brud's value to onboard those different audience segments, and
- identify key levers to evangelize that value, including the Community team, PR, external
- comms, thought leadership, company positioning, and strategic partnerships.
- Drive awareness, consideration, engagement and conversion for multiple products,
- existing and new. Define and execute product launch strategies, marketing products (features/benefits/value propositions) in order to bring relevant audiences in to each and meet strategic, growth and revenue objectives.
- Develop an integrated GTM and communications strategy to broaden awareness and consideration of Brud and lead communications for and through launches of new initiatives, including developing content (storylines, scripts, speeches, talking points, blog posts, letters, press quotes, etc.) and generating excitement among key thought leaders, influencers and partners as well as all traditional comms tactics
- Partner with/support with teams across company to support sales, product development, PR, presentations and pitches and more, finding the most impactful stories, synthesizing talking points and messaging from teams across the company, and translating these inputs into either media focused pitches, C-level talking points or other needs as arise for internal and external opportunities
- Lead and leverage the Brud team to become effective, enthusiastic and accurate advocates for the company's mission, vision and products
- Manage internal team and external agencies and consultants (PR, paid media, etc)
- Ideal reference quote: "They always seem to skate where the puck is going."
- 5-10 years marketing experience, including managing teams, launching products, owning communications and consistently hitting objectives
- Incredible writing and storytelling skills
- Empathy, good sense of humor, kindness and willingness to roll up your sleeves all critical
- Significant leadership experience (of teams and/or projects) within fast-moving, entrepreneurial and innovation-driven environments
- Objective-first thinking (why are we doing this? What does success look like?); strategy before tactical approach mindset
- Communications, paid media/advertising, social media marketing (including Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, etc.),, product marketing management and/or direct experience desired
- Willingness to be wildly creative, unwillingness to accept the status quo, insistence on
- both innovation and measurable results
- Experience in gaming and community strongly preferred
- Interest in Web3, crypto, NFTs and blockchain is a plus