Who We Are
Bakkt unlocks the $1.2+ trillion of digital assets that is currently held in cryptocurrencies, rewards and loyalty points, gami...
Who We Are
Bakkt unlocks the $1.2+ trillion of digital assets that is currently held in cryptocurrencies, rewards and loyalty points, gaming assets and merchant stored value. We began in 2018 with the vision to bring trust and transparency to digital assets. Through the Bakkt Warehouse and Bakkt Bitcoin Futures and Options contracts, we serve institutional clients in an end-to-end regulated market with true price transparency. For consumers, Bakkt aggregates digital assets to enable instant liquidity and to empower users to trade, transfer and pay however they want. Merchants within the Bakkt ecosystem see a lower cost of payment acceptance, enhanced customer engagement, and decreased loyalty through a variety of redemption options.
For consumers like you, the Bakkt App allows you to aggregate your digital assets to track, spend, and send them in the way that best suits your lifestyle. Bakkt is the only place that puts the power in your hands by enabling all-in-one aggregation. Something like this has never been built before, and we aim to make what was previously thought impossible, possible - leveraging our values of betting big and serving as multipliers on our team. We believe we are more than the sum of our parts and we want you to bet big with us. Now, let's get to the real reason why you're here - how we can work together.
As a Market Operations Specialist on the Electronic Trading Operations team, you will monitor and support products and services relating to electronic trading technology and market making in digital asset markets. You will work closely with our Risk, Security Engineering and Blockchain, teams to monitor, support, plan and test Bakkt's proprietary systems.
- Provide front-line real time monitoring of Bakkt electronic trading systems
- Produce daily periodic operations and risk reports, surveille trading systems, document and update internal procedures
- Monitor the health and usage of all systems and counterparties and escalate high priority issues to appropriate personnel
- Resolve system anomalies by understanding proprietary electronic trading and back office support systems
- Assist in quality assurance testing of new system functionality and support ongoing tests of system back-up capabilities
- Perform back testing to improve electronic trading system functionality and performance
- Bachelor's Degree with 5+ years of work experience in an operations, trading or technical role
- Very strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong understanding of risk
- Strong technical skills; software development life cycle knowledge a plus
- Strong understanding of markets and trading
- Understanding of distributed ledger technology, specifically public blockchains like Bitcoin
- Scheduling flexibility required
- Exposure to financial trading environment, commodity markets, fx trading, bond trading, etc
- Market making exposure is a plus
- Must be self-directed and be able to work within a team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and a friendly, professional telephone manner
- A security first mindset with strong attention to detail and ability to perform under stressful situations
Bakkt is devoted to having diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Bakkt does not make any employment decisions based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity of any other characteristic protected by law.