The Managing Director, Technology Architecture and Standards partners closely with divisional IT product leaders, functional IT le...
The Managing Director, Technology Architecture and Standards partners closely with divisional IT product leaders, functional IT leaders, and business leaders to identify, drive, and support technology opportunities that enable key Emerging Markets' business strategies. The leader also partners with key technology vendors and HealthTech and InsureTech startups to stay in front of industry technology trends that may either influence or directly impact Emerging Markets' technology strategy.
The Managing Director, Technology Architecture and Standards leverages these many inputs to formalize a comprehensive technology strategy and architecture while also defining architectural blueprints, patterns, and technology standards that can be consistently implemented across Emerging Markets' divisional IT product teams. The leader is responsible for both governing standards usage as well as facilitating a continuous feedback loop to find the right balance between having each IT product team run fast with local decision-making and accountability, and ensuring leverage and re-use is achieved across Emerging Markets.
- Defines and clearly communicates the current and future states of Emerging Markets' technology architecture and develops the roadmaps and overall plans to achieve the future state architectural vision
- Defines and delivers architectural standards and roadmaps and ensures cross-leverage and re-use is achieved to create economies of scale for sharing technology talent, improving buying power, increasing delivery speed, lowering total cost of ownership, and reducing technical debt
- Collaborates with divisional IT and product leaders to influence the design of product solutions by partnering in ideation and design and advocating for technology, tool, and process standards adoption where it contributes to achieving business objectives
- Drives a cloud-first mindset through developing cloud standards and guiding/influencing Emerging Markets' investments in developing cloud-native applications and refactoring/migrating existing on-premise data center software applications to the cloud
- Educates business and technology leaders on emerging technologies (e.g. AI/machine learning, robotic process automation, blockchain, IoT/sensors, cloud, quantum computing, etc.) and their impact to Emerging Markets' businesses and prototypes potential applications when and where it makes sense
- Partners with divisional IT and product leaders to grow Emerging Markets' technical and engineering talent through recruitment, training, and consistently evaluating engineering performance
- Develops workforce plans and invests in developing and growing a diverse and talented team in partnership with Emerging Markets' Human Resources and IT Sourcing & Vendor Management functions
- Develops, tracks, and controls operating (OPEX) and capital (CAPEX) budgets in partnership with Emerging Markets' Finance and IT Performance Management functions
Directly supervises exempt and non-exempt staff in accordance with company policies and applicable Federal and State Laws. Responsibilities include but are not limited to effectively interviewing, hiring, terminating, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and counseling employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems; supporting and encouraging the engagement process.This position description identifies the responsibilities and tasks typically associated with the performance of the position. Other relevant essential functions may be required.