Who we are looking for
Reporting directly to the President, the Managing Director of SaaS Operations will be a key member of the company's m...
Who we are looking for
Reporting directly to the President, the Managing Director of SaaS Operations will be a key member of the company's management team, and is responsible for leading a fast growing, global SaaS client operations function of over 150 staff. The Managing Director, SaaS Operations will own the leadership and operation of a large infrastructure and systems including multiple date centers, as well as multiple production support teams in various locations.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of Charles River Development (or CRD), that became a part of State Street in 2018. CRD helps create enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds. Together we have created first open front-to-back platform - State Street Alpha, that was launched in 2019.
Join us if delivering next generation infrastructure, using emerging technologies like AI and Blockchain sounds like a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Managing Director of SaaS Operations, you will
What we value
- Lead a global SaaS operations team delivering world-class service to our global customer base by strong leadership and a constant improvement focus
- Build the team and processes to ensure Charles River's ability to reliably deliver cloud-based services efficiently, on a large scale
- Proactively drive short, medium and long-term operational efficiency initiatives every day that improve profitability and customer satisfaction
- Build and monitor systems for automating product releases, data backup, maintenance, internal and external monitoring, environmental analysis, OS and software patching
- Continually evolve and refine hosting environments for efficiency, scalability and maintainability
- Deliver a differentiated yet consistently high service experience to our clients
- Interface frequently with Charles River's product management, engineering and professional services teams to improve the quality and efficiency of service
- Proactively prevent outages and remediate them when they do happen
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Experience in managing large scale, multi-location data centers, staff, and projects
- Proven experience in recruiting and building world-class teams
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to influence internal business partners in a matrixed work environment
- Track record of driving change, constant improvement focus and execution ability
About State Street What we do.
- Bachelors Degree in the field of computer Science or engineering. Masters preferred
- Experienced operational leader (15+ years of management)
- Experience in supporting SaaS software in both public and private cloud hosting centers
- Demonstrated ability in migrating to a public cloud environment
- Knowledge and experience with major public cloud providers such as Azure and/or AWS and major hosting providers such as Rackspace, CenturyLink or similar
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/career