This attorney will be part of the Technology, Privacy and Marketing team within BNY Mellon's Legal Department that is composed of SMEs in te...
This attorney will be part of the Technology, Privacy and Marketing team within BNY Mellon's Legal Department that is composed of SMEs in technology, intellectual property, data, cybersecurity, privacy and marketing law. BNY Mellon recently launched a new enterprise Digital Assets unit that will accelerate the development of solutions and capabilities to help clients address growing and evolving needs related to the growth of digital assets, including cryptocurrencies. This role will advise on these activities as well as on BNY Mellon's core digitization strategy, including analytics, artificial intelligence, machine learning, blockchain and others. This role's responsibilities include:
* Partner with Risk, Compliance and Legal colleagues to define and advise on future state digital asset services, including the announced multi-asset digital custody and administration platform for traditional and digital assets such as cryptocurrencies.
* Provide practical advice on legal issues and risks associated with use of emerging technologies including DLT and smart contracts.
* Draft and negotiate technology related agreements with clients.
* Work closely with product teams, technology, compliance, risk and other internal stakeholders in the building and execution of new digital product roadmaps.
* Track and report on legal issues and project developments in a concise and impactful manner to stakeholders at multiple levels.
* Create scalable solutions to legal issues; develop and conduct internal training on digital and technology law topics.
* Participate in industry associations related to new technologies and digital assets.
* Advise on internal and external materials on digital and technology initiatives, including marketing materials, regulatory submissions and press releases.
* 7+ years' experience as licensed attorney.
* At least 1 year of experience in blockchain matters.
* Solid understanding of the cryptocurrency and broader digital assets market and associated risk and liabilities
* Knowledge of laws governing banking, payments and other financial services strongly preferred.
* Comfort and experience with technology needed. Studies in computer science a plus.
* Ability to take ownership of projects and drive them forward in collaborative manner.
* Engaging presentation and training skills needed.
* A proactive, entrepreneurial mindset preferred.
* Must be articulate, organized, able to work in a collaborative manner and comfortable managing multiple matters at the same time involving different legal issues. Appetite for learning is also critical.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 85116