United States of America
HNC01: UTAS Headquarters (HS) 2730 West Tyvola Road, Charlott...
United States of America
HNC01: UTAS Headquarters (HS) 2730 West Tyvola Road, Charlotte, NC, 28217 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be part of a new, exciting initiative to combine foundational IT with new digital technologies? Our Digital Technology team is driving business efficiencies and a better customer experience by connecting technologies, people, information and processes. From making aircraft more electric, intelligent and integrated to building new software platforms such as Internet of Things, big data, artificial intelligence, and blockchain, there's no better place to be right now than in digital. If you're an agile thinker who enjoys utilizing modern technology to make big improvements, then you're a perfect fit for this team. Join Collins Aerospace to help us revolutionize the aerospace industry today!
In this role, you'll work directly with customers and stakeholders across products to define an engaging user experience. You'll continue to demonstrate a strong user advocacy throughout the lifecycle of the project. Knowledge of User Centered Design, personas, usage patterns, behavior analytics and usability tests are key to success in this role. You will be Responsible for developing and executing customer experience solutions for online applications and Web sites. Serves as design "advocate" with the ability to forecast and assess industry trends and their impact on the company's product design alternatives. Establishes and promotes design guidelines, best practices and standards. Accountable for overseeing the execution of strategic design projects that influence design and strategic direction of the company. Builds and enhances strong working relationships within the information / interface design function and community outside of the company. Demonstrates ability to work effectively across relevant units and with company leaders. Provides product usability, evaluation and support to product development teams. May oversee work performed by others and serves as a mentor to the direction of the unit while not managing people. Presents and defends designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders. Leads customer experience strategy for platforms and products; influences roadmaps and business decisions by providing customer experience considerations; participates in roadmap planning; represents customer experience to our partners. Serves as SME for all aspects of customer experience.
* Use storytelling UX & prototypes to compelling convey the vision, flow, and features of the product you are designing.
* Establish and champion a UX and User Centered Design philosophy to peers and key project stakeholders
* Work with customers, subject matter experts and business analysts to define appropriate application design and taxonomy
* Develop insights based on usage data, contextual inquiry, voice of the customer, card sorting and other common practices
* Lead UX design and testing in an Agile build/measure/learn process
* Develop interactive mock ups and prototypes using tools such as InVision, Sketch, Balsamiq
* Successfully work with developers, project managers, product managers, business owners and other internal teams to successfully get your designs into production.
* Work with project team to translate insights into project stories and tasks
* Work on several projects simultaneously
* Assist in the creation of UX best practices and standards
* Continuously research the latest UX trends and practices
* 3+ years of related experience
* BA/BS degree
* Propensity for self-directed problem-solving and the ability to work with limited guidance
* Experience participating in and leveraging user research; ability to understand and gain fluency with complex problems and generate elegant solutions that address them
* Familiarity with concerns and constraints that drive product experiences (distinct from websites and other media)
* Ability to convey concepts through sketches, moodboards, wireframes, prototypes and/or high-fidelity visual designs
* Extensive experience applying user-centered design processes and connecting business and user needs to design decisions
* Experience using, working with and building component-based design systems
* Technical mastery of digital design tools, such as Sketch, Adobe XD, Photoshop, Illustrator, et al.
* Fluency with simple prototyping tools, such as InVision, and experience with more advanced prototyping tools that offer richer interaction and animation capabilities
* Experience supporting developers during implementation, including the use of spec-generation tools like Zeplin or InVision Inspect
* Familiarity with agile methodologies, particularly as they pertain to design
* General familiarity with accessibility standards and how to design for them
* Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills
* Comfort collaborating with cross-functional teams and working under tight deadlines
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
* Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that Collins Aerospace never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.