Who we are
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed ...
Who we are
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 392 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
* Provide full legal First Name/Family Name - this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
* Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
* Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
* NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
As the Customer Information Reporting Manager for PayPal's Blockchain, Crypto and Digital Currencies (BCDC) unit, you will help?shape?the foundation for the next generation of financial services. You will work with a globally distributed, diverse,?cross-functional team?to create a more accessible, efficient, and inclusive way to perform commerce.
In this role, you will ensure overall compliance with reporting, remediation and change management initiatives related to the preparation and filing of IRS 1099-B Forms and other tax reporting requirements in Canada, UK and other jurisdictions
We are looking for someone with the ability to work with cross-functional partners to prepare and review forms submitted to customers, the Internal Revenue Service and local revenue authorities.
* Oversee data preparation, review, processing and distribution of information returns related to cryptocurrency products in all countries where products are offered.
* Act as a subject matter expert in the production and review of IRS 1099-B, Forms, Canadian T5008 and other transaction reports and local tax filings for cryptocurrency reporting.
* Ensure compliance with IRS information reporting requirements and electronic filings, corrections, B-notices.
* Develop process and procedures to ensure compliance with cryptocurrency and digital asset transfers across geographies, product and business lines.
* Maintain highly effective partnerships with impacted business areas and related processes that impact compliance related to cryptocurrency reporting.
* Develop and oversee quality assurance measures to ensure accuracy of data submitted to customers and revenue authorities.
* Support initiatives related to system development and remediation activities to ensure regulatory compliance, process improvements and risk mitigation.
* Effectively assess external customer and internally directed complaints and inquiries for potential compliance impacts and work with the appropriate Compliance contacts, customer response teams, and/or line of business associates to identify regulatory issues and help businesses resolve customer concerns.
* BS/BA from an accredited institution and CPA, MBA or JD preferred.
* 10 years experience with IRS rules, regulations, and guidance relating to all types of US and global information reporting and/or withholding regimes.
* Detailed knowledge of processes used to fulfill IRS information reporting requirements and electronic filings, corrections, B-notices, calculation of basis and gains and losses.
* Cryptocurrency/blockchain experience required
* Proven experience using data to inform decision making.
* Strong project management skills.
* Analytical and verbal and written communications skills.
* Ability to work and communicate well with various levels of management
* Proficiency with Excel, Teradata, SQL.
New York, New York, United States of America
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at .