With digital giants making inroads into the global payments industry, new regulation (such as PSD2, Open Banking) applying competitive press...
With digital giants making inroads into the global payments industry, new regulation (such as PSD2, Open Banking) applying competitive pressure on financial institutions globally, and technology transforming how digital information is shared and managed, data is emerging as a focal point in negotiations with our strategic partners. As such, American Express must continue to advance its overall data strategy to keep pace in the emerging data economy; this role is part of the newly created Enterprise Data Strategy team, which is tasked with identifying opportunities to monetize and protect Amex's data assets (directly or indirectly) with external partners.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
* Support creating and deploying the Data Sharing Framework and strategy to empower the organization to evaluate new opportunities faster and with better information by balancing economic outcomes and value exchanges with the strategic deployment of our Closed-Loop data.
* Proactively advise internal business clients on data-driven initiatives for key strategic partnerships, products, and services with a focus on leveraging our data as a strategic asset.
* Perform internal and external benchmarking to articulate the value of the Closed-Loop data and define the Enterprise Data Sharing Framework through research and consultative engagement.
* Create and implement American Express' strategy around Open Data Access and Open Banking, working with cross-functional stakeholders to identify risks and opportunities for Amex globally and prioritize initiatives
* Provide thought leadership around the around how new technologies (such as Machine Learning/AI and blockchain) fit into our data sharing strategy; animate working groups, and help "connecting the dots" across the enterprise to drive and accelerate new initiatives
* Prepare and lead trainings to educate business a wide range of audiences on the defined strategy and supporting processes.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals who have a deep understanding of the data ecosystem, strong interest in new technologies and their relevance for Amex, and that can support strategic engagements with multiple business units across a wide array of data sharing issues.
* 3 years of related work experience
* Previous consulting experience is preferred
* Experience with (or strong interest in) digital ecosystems, new data technologies, and blockchain
* Experience in leading and driving projects with cross-functional teams
* Experience in designing and delivering ideation sessions
* Excellent oral & communication skills, experience in presenting to a wide range of audiences
* Previousexperience in consulting or business development is preferred
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.