Our client is looking for a Manager of Technology Innovation to assist the CIO in the future direction of the organization. The correct cand...
Our client is looking for a Manager of Technology Innovation to assist the CIO in the future direction of the organization. The correct candidate will have strong knowledge in various technologies (software and infrastructure) and the ability to evolve an efficient environment for the global organization.
Responsible for leading the investigation into evolving concepts / technologies that may create a strategic advantage for the company. Works closely with the Chief Innovation Officer to create and implement an innovation strategy, then roll-out a process to assess, test, monitor, evaluate, and transition the successful initiatives to functional teams.
- Gather, generate and document ideas, proposed solutions and initiatives from a wide variety of internal and external sources by attending industry conferences, reading articles and journals, conducting brainstorming workshops, interfacing with universities and other research organizations, and partnering with vendors
- Identify future trends (e.g. blockchain, AI, ML ) to assess their potential impact on and cost/benefit to the company, documenting for discussion and evaluation.
- Assist the CIO to identify, prioritize and communicate the innovation strategies, and support the CIO to articulate, socialize and execute the vision throughout the organization
- Create a pipeline of ongoing innovation ideas through a repeatable innovation process. Establish and maintain a framework for collecting, tracking, evaluating, and testing/vetting ideas, interfacing with universities and other research organizations, and partnering with vendors.
- Build relationships with personnel within the company to explore the feasibility and benefit of new technologies / products. Oversee pilot / proof-of-concept efforts and subsequent transition to functional teams.
- Advocate for innovation and build support (including budgetary) across the organization. Develop skills in employees to support creative thinking and innovation.
- Bachelor s degree and 8 years of experience in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or a related field, including five (5) years of experience in Innovation Research and/or Management Consulting in the manufacturing or related industry.
- Experience with innovation methods and tools
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Creative and able to think broadly
- Experience in product development
- Experience functioning in an Agile organization
- Public speaking and workshop presentation experience
- provided by Dice