AIChE is a professional society of more than 60,000 chemical engineers in 110 countries. Its members work in corporations, universities and ...
AIChE is a professional society of more than 60,000 chemical engineers in 110 countries. Its members work in corporations, universities and government, using their knowledge of chemical processes to develop safe and useful products for the benefit of society. Through its varied programs, AIChE continues to be a focal point for information exchange on the frontiers of chemical engineering research in such areas as energy, sustainability, biological and environmental engineering, nanotechnology, and chemical plant safety and security.
Are you a technologist but equally enjoy impacting business using IT? From sustaining legacy business systems to transforming using new technologies -- from AR/VR to blockchain?
As an IT Solutions Manager, you will play a critical role for our organization's future success in the adoption of new technology. We re looking for a talented, business-focused, thoughtful candidate who has enthusiasm for building solutions, as well as, your expertise in scaling up IT response to meet the needs of a quickly growing membership organization. We want you to view your time with AIChE as an investment in your future. We provide opportunities for our team to learn, grow, thrive and contribute to the business objective.
Come join our team!
Reporting the CIO, the Manager of IT Solutions will manage projects for implementing new information systems and ensure proper operations & maintenance of assigned existing systems. As part of a small team, the manager will provide hands-on leadership for all IT project processes from analysis, to specification, technical design, vendor management, and ultimately even rolling up sleeves to code if necessary; followed by leading deployment, training, break/fix support, enhancement, upgrade, and migration of systems.
- Analyze technology market to identify options for meeting needs or opportunities.
- Manage assigned projects from concept to completion, engaging all stakeholders.
- Manage operations, maintenance, and user support for assigned systems.
- Manage assigned team & vendors.
- Collaborate with other IT managers to maintain & evolve the Enterprise Architecture.
- Perform management reporting, including reporting on trends, insights, plans, risk & status.
- Perform other assigned duties in support of IT department
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science.
- 10+ years relevant professional experience, with 3+ years in corporate environment gaining exposure to Enterprise IT concerns like architecture, usability, maintainability, and vendor, project, & risk management.
- Demonstrable track record of technical project and product management.
- Hands-on expertise in full-stack web development on .NET or Drupal/PHP platforms.
- Familiarity with other development environments (e.g. mobile) and concerns (e.g. UX, cybersecurity) highly desirable.
- Familiarity with PMP, PMBOK, BRMiBOK, CMM, ITIL, TOGAF, Agile, DevOps, CD/CI concepts.
- Willingness to work in a resource constrained environment, with ability to influence expectations, manage priorities and manage trade-offs.
Interested candidates may email their resume and cover letter to . Please include the title of the position in the subject line of the email.
The American Institute of Chemical Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- provided by Dice