We are looking for a collaborative and process driven individual to join our growing accounting team at Ripple. The Accounting Manager will ...
We are looking for a collaborative and process driven individual to join our growing accounting team at Ripple. The Accounting Manager will be involved in all aspects of GL accounting for Ripple entities. Reporting to the Assistant Controller, the Accounting Manager will lead the accounting close and consolidation process, be responsible for monthly and quarterly management reporting, and lead our annual financial statement audit.
To be successful in this role, you should be able to accurately maintain a general ledger and ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). You should also have excellent communication, organizational and analytical skills. Additionally, you should have a genuine interest in the blockchain industry and understanding of the ecosystem.
What You'll Do
What We're Looking For
- Direct the monthly accounting close process including the timely and accurate reporting of the Company's financial statements in accordance with US GAAP
- Prepare and review balance sheet reconciliations for US locations while owning the overall maintenance of the general ledger
- Ensure adherence to monthly inter-company billings in accordance with transfer pricing agreements
- Be the main contact for external auditors and tax advisors; manage timely preparation of audit and tax workpapers for the annual financial statement audits and tax return preparation
- Identify opportunities for efficiency in department processes; design and implement solutions, including workflow enhancements and automation of manual processes
- Enhance functionality of the Company's ERP system and implement other systems and tools to improve department productivity
- Serve as the liaison with international accounting teams and vendors
- Manage, lead, mentor and develop a growing accounting team
- Ad hoc projects as directed by management
What We Offer
- Minimum of 6+ years in the field of Accounting or equivalent (public accounting experience is a plus)
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA preferred
- Advanced knowledge of US GAAP
- Familiarity with enterprise accounting systems (Intacct and/or mid-tier accounting systems is a plus)
- Proven ability to self-direct
- Collaborative approach to working on projects with a team that values diverse perspectives
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Who We Are
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), fully paid parental leave, commuter benefits
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite programs
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving match
- Modern office in San Francisco's Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting - ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
Ripple provides one frictionless experience to send money globally using the power of blockchain. By joining Ripple's growing, global network (RippleNet), financial institutions can process their customers' payments anywhere in the world instantly, reliably and cost-effectively. Banks and payment providers can use the digital asset XRP to further reduce their costs and access new markets.
With offices in San Francisco, New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai, Ripple has more than 300 customers around the world.Ripple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We're committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.
Please find our UK/EU applicant privacy notice here.