As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure ...
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
DDP is looking for a Lead Systems Architect who has the ability to define, develop and manage the architecture strategy for Visa Token Services, eCommerce, and Crypto Currency. You will be responsible for introducing new applications, services, and technologies into the Visa technical landscape and you will take responsibility for the initiatives you designed. You will need expert level knowledge of a variety of business domains including, but not limited to, ecommerce, mobile technologies, risk analysis, compliance, information security, application integration, a variety of web-based technologies, and finance and payments industry with special emphasis on card payments and tokenization. You need to manage input from various business and technology stakeholders and assume overall responsibility for the execution of multiple, large-scale, mission critical initiatives. You will be accountable to a variety of primary business stakeholders for the quality and success of programs assigned to you. An acute sense of attention to detail is necessary. This role requires working with teams from different both within and outside the USA. Flexibility in working hours will be required. A willingness to travel may be required from time to time.
Even though this is an individual contributor role, oversight and guidance of developers and other architects is required and needs to be managed by influence. You need to possess very strong interpersonal and influencing skills to be successful in this role.
* You will play a key role in the execution of technology solutions that deliver client value and lasting business impact. Ensure that development is strategic and focused on maintaining the reliability and functionality that is essential to both internal and external constituents. Key responsibilities include: identifying appropriate solutions, products, and designs that will best prepare the company to meet future business objectives;
* Design the appropriate solution that is based on the business- and non-functional requirements and document the design;
* Drive sizing and estimation of the effort;
* Do proofs of concept (PoCs) and evaluations of technologies, designs, and solutions;
* Work with engineering professionals, architects and others within Visa to insure that the solution will scale appropriately while insuring that the solution is cost effective;
* Guide the creation of, and review detail design documents.
* Ensure quality by performing detailed design, code, and test plan reviews. Assist support teams in the resolution of client production issues. Embrace teamwork while promoting a culture of openness and flexibility. Utilize graduate-level research and analysis skills.
* Think strategically: See patterns and relationships in information and events; clarify and simplify complex information; anticipate trends and possibilities that may lead to new business opportunities; consistently think and act "ahead of the curve;" anticipate and effectively respond with urgency.
* 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD.
* Extensive programming experience, preferably in Java.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) is essential for this role.
* Full stack architect with 12+ years' experience leading development teams in all phases of software development process.
* Experience in architecture and design of distributed, highly scalable, highly available systems.
* Ability to see both the high level "big picture", as well as low level implementation details.
* Strong analytic skills with an open mind.
* Be able to communicate effectively with SMEs and executives from security, engineering, operations, support, and other disciplines.
* Lead with authenticity and passion.
* The following are required skills:
* Deep understanding of OOP, Service / Microservice architecture patterns.
* Strong experience in system integration and API definition (REST/JSON, gRPC, Protocol Buffers)
* Strong understanding of cybersecurity.
* Solid experience in native, web and hybrid app development.
* Experience with CI/CD, Containers, Cloud Native.
* Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
This role may be worked in either Foster City, CA or Highlands Ranch, CO