Why choose between doing meaningful work and having a fulfilling life? At MITRE, you can have both. That's because MITRE people are committe...
Why choose between doing meaningful work and having a fulfilling life? At MITRE, you can have both. That's because MITRE people are committed to tackling our nation's toughest challenges-and we're committed to the long-term well-being of our employees. MITRE is different from most technology companies. We are a not-for-profit corporation chartered to work for the public interest, with no commercial conflicts to influence what we do. The R&D centers we operate for the government create lasting impact in fields as diverse as cybersecurity, healthcare, aviation, defense, and enterprise transformation. We're making a difference every day-working for a safer, healthier, and more secure nation and world. Our workplace reflects our values. We offer competitive benefits, exceptional professional development opportunities, and a culture of innovation that embraces diversity, inclusion, flexibility, collaboration, and career growth. If this sounds like the choice you want to make, then choose MITRE-and make a difference with us.
MITRE is seeking a Lead Software Engineer to contributetechnical leadership and expertise in solving our sponsor's critical softwareand systems engineering problems. These problems cover a broad set of areas,including hands on prototyping, creating next generation architectures, dataengineering, cloud technologies, machine learning, and cutting-edge researchopportunities.
* Broad experience withSoftware Engineering, Software Development and Design, Software Testing andSoftware Architecture.
* Experience with SQLor NoSQL databases, data architectures, data models, evaluation of differentmodel architectures, trade studies, and logical and physical model definition
* Knowledge of at leastone web development stack, RESTful services, JSON, XML, common UI frameworks
* Knowledge of softwareengineering processes including Agile development
* Excellent written,interpersonal and oral communication skills
* Experience with theArmy domain, including experience with Army Command and Control systems orMission Command systems
* Knowledge of one ormore of advanced software engineering topics such as
o Large-scale distributed systems or Big Data platforms and tools
o Messaging architectures or microservice architectures
o Cloud computing, hypervisors, and DevOps tools such as Chef,Puppet, Ansible, or experience with AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Compute or similarIaaS / PaaS offerings
o Machine learning, Artificial Intelligence, or other data analyticstopics, including autonomy and computer vision
o General-purpose graphics processing unit (GPGPU) techniques andarchitectures or other highly parallel / high performance computing topics
o Mobile computing and low power platform development, or Internetof Things
o Other leading-edge technologies like quantum computing or blockchain
BS Degree and 8 years of relevantexperience