What You'll Do
You're a Lead Software Engineer and you will be part of world-class Enterprise Routing virtualization team that works on gro...
What You'll Do
You're a Lead Software Engineer and you will be part of world-class Enterprise Routing virtualization team that works on groundbreaking Cloud Edge technologies.
Who You'll Work With
- You're phenomenal teammate
- You're creative and passionate about building solutions/technologies with the knowledge you already have.
- Additionally, you'll be willing to learn quickly and be passionate about working on a wide range of product areas.
Cisco's Enterprise cloud-ready networks are designed specifically to meet the needs of many types of clouds, with the capabilities need to efficiently operate and consume cloud services., The network is the fundamental foundation that enables the benefits of cloud computing. Regardless of where a service is deployed, it's critical that the underlying infrastructure be capable of delivering high availability, security, mobility, and a great user experience. Cisco calls this "cloud-ready networking" team. Who You Are
- Typically requires BS or MS in Computer Engineering or Computer Science combined with 10+ years of relevant experience.
- You've a background in software development including specification, implementation, and testing.
From a technical point of view, you're experienced in:
You should be proficient in at least some of the following areas:
- Python programming at an expert level
- Virtualization technologies (KVM would be a plus)
- Good understanding of container networking eco-system
- Container networking eco-system
- Automation frameworks (salt, ansible, or equivalent)
- Understanding of ML workloads
- Multi-threaded/multi-core programming
- Performance characterization
- Cloud environments such as AWS/Azure/GCP
- Experience with log management, monitoring, and analytics frameworks
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here's how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
#GD2015 - provided by Dice