The Advanced Technology Collaborative is transforming health care with emerging technologies. We seek to solve problems in health care throu...
The Advanced Technology Collaborative is transforming health care with emerging technologies. We seek to solve problems in health care through research, development and application of emerging technologies, all to improve the lives of the people we serve. We are looking for a lead architect with an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for innovation to join the team.
Architect all phases of software engineering including requirements analysis, application design, code development and testing with a focus on DevOps deployment in particular
Design reusable components, frameworks and libraries
Contribute to the design and architecture to enable secure, scalable, and maintainable software and should be able to clearly articulate the implications of design/architectural decisions, issues and plans to technology leadership
Collaborate on the design with other team members and product owners
Conduct design and code reviews to ensure code developed meets business needs, coding best practices guidelines, unit testing, security, and scalability and maintainability guidelines
Work very closely with architecture groups and drive solutions
Guide and mentors teams of software engineers developing their full-stack development capabilities to product delivery using best engineering practices following an Agile methodology to deliver high-quality emerging tech solutions
Pursue opportunities to adopt new technologies and drive adoption to enhance business outcomes
Lead change and innovation - pursue opportunities to adopt new technologies and drive adoption to enhance business outcomes - drive and mange high-quality execution across organizational lines
Communicate with impact - influence and negotiate effectively with all internal and external stakeholders to achieve win-win solutions that advance organizational goals
Grow and maintain knowledge of and leverage emerging technology
- 5+ years of combined experience in one or more of the following architecture disciplines: business architecture, solution architecture, enterprise architecture
- 5+ years of full lifecycle application and software development experience with a focus on DevOps infrastructure
- Experience delivering enterprise-level architecture roadmaps
- Working knowledge of the following business and technology concepts: APIs, microservices, cloud, container, CI/CD, software/platform/ infrastructure as a service, rules engines/BPMs, big data, predictive modeling, artificial intelligence (ML/DL/NLP), mobile/digital applications, data architecture and governance, graph technologies, IoT, blockchain
- Ability to lead architecture and engineering teams
- Programming experience with Python
- Useful skills include experience with Jenkins, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Docker, OSE, Kubernetes, AWS, and Azure
- Experience building solutions with open source
Technology Careers with Optum.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Science
- Strong background in building technology for health care
Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Java, Full stack, Cloud, Lead Engineer, Boston, MA, Massachusetts
- provided by Dice