Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more th...
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
About Nifty Gateway
Nifty Gateway is the premiere, all-in-one platform that makes it easy to buy, sell, and store digital art and collectibles, otherwise known as Nifties (or NFTs). Nifty Gateway was founded by Duncan and Griffin Cock Foster in 2018, and acquired by Gemini in 2019, with the belief that crypto networks and the blockchain have the power to fundamentally change the art world by creating greater choice, independence, and opportunity for artists, creators, and collectors.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice - our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: Nifty Gateway - Technology
Nifty Gateway is the premier marketplace for non-fungible tokens, or "Nifties" (NFTs) - digital art and collectibles, recorded on the Ethereum blockchain. We release exclusive content from well known artists and brands each week. Major artists we have worked with in the past include Kenny Scharf, Lyle Owerko, Steven Baltay, and Oliver Latta. Our collections usually sell out in minutes & immediately trade up in value on our proprietary peer-to-peer marketplace.
Nifty Gateway is a "startup within a startup" - we're Gemini employees, and we use some of Gemini's crypto infrastructure, and work closely cross-functionally together. We also have our own tech stack and unique team culture.
The Role: Lead Software Engineer, Nifty Gateway - Mobile (React Native)
Nifty Gateway is building its first full-featured mobile app. We are looking for a talented Lead Engineer who can make key technical decisions and take a leadership role in building out this new application in React Native. You'll be working with our existing frontend development team and helping to build out a dedicated mobile development team. While we have designs ready to go, you'll have tons of input into how the app looks, feels, and functions, so it helps to be a Nifty Gateway enthusiast.
- Focus on technical decision making, leading work that affects one or more complex systems and mission-critical areas.
- Consistently deliver code that sets the standard for quality and maintainability.
- Gain a broad understanding of our architecture and how your domain fits within it.
- Systematically think through potential design impacts on other teams and the company.
- Act as the go-to expert in an area, with an increasingly strategic mindset.
- Influence others about technical tradeoffs & decisions.
- Develop and maintain full React Native mobile application for NIfty Gateway.
- Work with key stakeholders effectively to solve problems and make decisions.
- 4+ years mobile development experience, 1+ years using React Native, and 1+ years as a lead
- Expert in React Native and experienced in building complex mobile applications
- Can contribute best-practices and architectural leadership to our front end applications and help pick the architecture, frameworks and tooling
- A strong understanding of UX/UI concepts and interface usability with a demonstrated record of good design flow in interactive applications.
- Demonstrated experience working with data displays and/or large data sets.
It Pays to Work Here
- Experience with
- Art, collectibles, trading
- NFTs, Ethereum and/or blockchain technology
- Power user of the Nifty Gateway marketplace
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development