Thomas J. Watson said it best: "Good design is good business." Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights a...
Thomas J. Watson said it best: "Good design is good business." Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Designers at IBM work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? If so, read on!
Your Role and Responsibilities
Are you passionate and committed to making the cyber domain safer for people, businesses and organizations around the globe? We are looking for a skilled and innovative Immersive Experience Designer to develop scenarios that illustrate cyber risk and security from every level. IBM Security Command is responsible for providing professional, industry leading, immersive cyber security training experiences for our customers, utilizing multi-million-dollar Cyber Ranges and on-site customer locations.
You will design gamified incident and business response experiences to test the plans, capabilities and mentalities of our customers through cutting edge visual and immersive content delivery platforms. You will be contributor on an extraordinary team dedicated to leading our customers, through multiple paths and vectors, on a formational journey. Be it on-premise or hybrid-cloud environments, you will help IBM Security's customers see that cyber security is not an IT issue, but a whole-of-business challenge. Leverage your experiences, skills and knowledge in visual communications, design and technology to facilitate an immersive customer experience so impactful that customers will be glad when it's over.
* Tailor customized experiences and content to engage customers at an appropriate level of understanding
* Through written and visuals methods, communicate complex information, concepts, and ideas in an innovative, professional and well-organized approach
* Develop experiences for any of our immersive Cyber Range environments, both virtual and on-site
* Present and/or publish your work and insights at multiple forums and industry events throughout the year
* Occasional weekend travel based on customer projects (3-6 times, annually)
Your Abilities & Skills
* Talented storytelling and an ability to weave key insights into a compelling narrative
* Ability to clearly communicate your design approaches with developers, management and leadership
* Detail oriented and a team-focused collaborator
* Ability to manage complex design challenges and create customer-focused solutions.
* Understanding of visual and sound design in creating immersive stories
We come to work thrilled knowing it will never be the same day twice. At IBM, you have access to a rare combination of experiences that together build a powerful, rewarding career for you.
* Opportunity to do work that impacts not just your team but often the very lives of millions of people. You're not just joining a well-known company; at IBM you're joining a bigger cause.
* Ability to discover the exact career you were meant to have by trying different roles, industries, technologies even locations, right within IBM. No other company gives you the career opportunities like IBM.
* A company with a progressive and inclusive heritage based on leadership and a history of taking stands on things that matter.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* 3 years of applicable experience
* Understanding of immersive story design, exercise and/or game design
* Understanding technology and leadership challenges related to business, organizational processes and problem solving
* Understanding the technologies, concepts and challenges related to cyber security and its broader impact.
* Ability to build and innovate across multiple delivery platforms
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
* 5 years of applicable experience
* Vocational or educational experience in visual design and communications, such as a completed Bachelor's degree program in Media Arts and Technology or Design
* Experience presenting design concepts clearly and persuasively to leadership
* Experience with training programs or exercise design and development
* Experience and confidence with technical engagements and story telling
* Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), PowerPoint Sketch, Final Cut
* Proven ability to work cross-team and synthesize feedback and input from stakeholders