Farmer Connect's vision is to "Humanize consumption through technology." We think tech should bring people together, make the world smaller,...
Farmer Connect's vision is to "Humanize consumption through technology." We think tech should bring people together, make the world smaller, empower the individual and small business while reducing costs and inefficiencies for global enterprises. We do that through several emerging technologies, such as blockchain, self-sovereign identity, and artificial intelligence.
Farmer Connect aims to help the food and beverage supply chain evolve into a collaborative data-driven model connecting participants at every level to help us sell the products and services that help improve the lives of farmers around the world.
Farmer Connect® aims to help the food and beverage supply chain evolve into a collaborative data-driven model connecting participants at every level. One of the ways we try to support his transformation is by providing innovative digital products and services. In close collaboration with our clients, we're continuously extending our products with innovative and relevant features - to make sure they're developed swiftly and in a really clever way is where you in the role of a Lead Full Stack Software Engineer come in. We are based in Geneva, Switzerland but you can work remotely from anywhere within +/- 2hours of Central European timezone.
- Work in our multi-disciplinary development teams as we continue to scale our services
- Take ownership of the development of key features and ensuring successful delivery with your team
- Conduct code reviews & QA for key features
- Improve development quality through setting standards and procedures
- Use your can-do & problem-solving attitude to analyze issues/problems, identify alternative solutions and help with the implementation of recommendations
Besides that, we would love to see you spending some time on:
- Updating your job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading professional publications
- Maintaining personal networks and participate in professional organizations
- Working on out-of-the-box pet projects to test new technologies & skills
- Experience in developing cloud-native solutions
- Good knowledge of Docker and containerization technologies, as well as container orchestration tools like Kubernetes
- Strong proficiency in multiple backend languages (e.g. C#, Java, Typescript)
- Experience with scripting and UNIX
- Familiarity with both SQL and NoSQL databases (e.g. MySQL and MongoDB)
- Extensive experience with version control systems (Git)
- Understanding of concepts such as blockchain or self-sovereign identity is an advantage
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or a related field)
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience in software development
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
- Ability to multi-task, organize, and prioritize work
- The candidate must be fluent in English; other languages (FR, ES, PT, DE, JP) are a plus
- Permanent (or Freelance) position with high potential for personal & professional growth
- Challenging, high-paced environment with many opportunities for impact and adding value
- Young and dynamic team pushing forward and having fun!
- Location: Geneva or remote
- Start date: ASAP
farmer connect® is an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.