Software Guidance & Assistance, Inc., (SGA), is searching for an Lead DevOps Engineer for a FULL TIME assignment with one of our premier Blo...
Software Guidance & Assistance, Inc., (SGA), is searching for an Lead DevOps Engineer for a FULL TIME assignment with one of our premier Blockchain/Crypto clients in New York, NY.
- We are looking for an experienced technologist to become a member of the engineering team based in New York City.
- The DevOps Engineer role plays an important part in ensuring the quality, integrity and timely delivery of all products.
- This is an exciting opportunity for a strong, highly motivated, hands-on DevOps Engineer. We expect this individual to think critically about data/software and test automation, while delivering a cutting edge, Real Time, high volume, cryptocurrency and blockchain based solutions.
- Consult in system design to meet reliability and capacity requirements
- Support application deployments, building new systems and upgrading and patching existing ones
- Automate infrastructure and configuration management
- Conduct timely post-mortems of production infrastructure incidents
- Assist with all aspects of operational security, seek out potential threats, and advocate solutions
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent
- Strong experience of data and software methodologies, tools and processes
- 5+ years of data/software quality experience
- Experience with performance and security testing
- Ability to streamline processes in a dynamic, fast-paced startup environment
- Strong sense of ownership
- Hands on experience with AWS, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
- Proficiency in working with and understanding a containerized development workflow
- Strong background in Linux/UNIX administration (eg RedHat/CentOS 7/Alpine Linux)
- Proficiency in using command line tools to quickly triage and fix production issues
- Experience with configuration management tools like Ansible
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools like Packer and Terraform
- Proficiency administering a CI/CD pipeline (Git, Jenkins)
- Proficiency in networking fundamentals, diagnostic, troubleshooting, etc
- Understanding of protocols/technologies like HTTP, SSL, LDAP, SQL
- Experience with DLT technologies and a knowledge of the finance domain would be an advantage
- Experience with languages like Bash, Python, or Node.js
SGA is a Certified Women's Business Enterprise (WBE) celebrating over thirty years of service to our national client base for both permanent placement and consulting opportunities. For consulting positions, we offer a variety of benefit options including but not limited to health & dental insurance, paid vacation, timely payment via direct deposit. SGA is an EEO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.