What you'll be doing...
As the Lead Data Scientist, you will develop and deploy quantitative solutions with big data, statistical analyses,...
What you'll be doing...
As the Lead Data Scientist, you will develop and deploy quantitative solutions with big data, statistical analyses, machine learning, deep learning,optimization, and related analytical techniques to solve complex supply chain and real estate challenges. In addition, this role will work as a project lead that develops predictive models, works with functional and business leaders to translate their subject matter expertise into machine learning models, sources data, and presents to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
What we're looking for...
- Drive strategic efforts across the Global Supply Chain and Global Real Estate organization, leveraging advanced analytics to optimize processes and procedures that lead to improved device life cycle management, rationalized supplier portfolio, efficient real estate planning, advanced IoT system for facility management, optimized working capital structure,and reduced operating costs.
- Translate supply chain and real estate challenges into analytical problems and effectively communicate results and business implications to key stakeholders.
- Own development and execution of quantitative solutions and provide predictive and prescriptive insights into supply chain and real estate strategies, including forecast/planning, supplier rationalization, facility management operations, inventory and SKU management, etc.
- Work as ananalytics lead, support our core business targets set by the upper management, and contribute to analytics initiatives across the Global Supply Chain and Global Real Estate organization.
- Explore new technologies related to advanced analytics and assess their maturity level and readiness to be implemented in the global supply chain such as AI/Machine Learning, Blockchain, and Cloud/Edge computing.
You'll need to have...
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in all areas of mathematical analysis methods, machine learning, statistical analyses, and predictive modeling.
- Experience in modeling, data science and tools such as Python, R, SQL, Tensorflow, CPLEX, etc.
Even better if you have:
When you join Verizon...
- PhD in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Business Analytics, Supply Chain or related field.
- Two or more years of progressive responsibility within Supply Chain, Business analytics, Computer science, Information Systems or related field.
- Problem solving capability and highly analytical.
- Experience engaging and influencing functional leaders and stakeholders
- Experience in strategic projects and change management, ability to manage multiple projects
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon. Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.