Empower the Individual Through Crypto Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more th...
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice - our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: Compliance
Compliance at Gemini is a team dedicated to managing the next generation of financial crime prevention in a complex and evolving regulatory environment. We are a diverse group of technology, legal, and operational professionals who develop new approaches to solving classic problems using cutting edge tools and processes.
The Role: Lead, Compliance, Customer and Transaction Monitoring Technology
In this role, you will work with a team of experienced compliance professionals responsible for critical functions within the Compliance and AML/BSA/Sanctions program. This role will be the key person translating compliance subject matter knowledge, data analysis, and technology into the Gemini Compliance program. You will have responsibilities including, but not limited to, assessing transaction monitoring data ingestion, development and tuning of transaction monitoring scenarios, leading assessments of the compliance program related to NYDFS Part 504 compliance, development of customer risk scoring and customer segmentation models, and other critical components/development of the compliance program that may arise from time to time. This position will have frequent interaction with firm senior management, third party vendors/auditors, and multiple departments within Gemini's organization.
Gemini's Compliance team is constantly evolving and developing new operations and controls. In this role, you will contribute to that development by rolling-up your sleeves and building the future of money, while being an integral part of a best-in-class compliance department.
* Lead enhancements to Gemini's transaction monitoring system, including data ingestion, development of new transaction monitoring scenarios, and optimization of transaction monitoring scenarios
* Lead and develop enhancements to Gemini's quantitative approach to its enterprise-wide AML/BSA risk assessment
* Conduct model validation of transaction monitoring and sanction filtering systems aligned to NYDFS Part 504
* Create and maintain an automated customer risk scoring model that reflects Gemini's risk-based approach and will drive periodic reviews and transaction monitoring (leading to effective customer segmentation)
* Build real-time data and reporting solutions that automate the capture of key management information and reporting in a scalable, efficient and reliable manner using Python or SQL
* Partner with senior management of Gemini's Compliance team in Transaction Monitoring, Sanctions, Risk Assessment, Governance, Know-Your Customer and Management Information reporting to fine-tune compliance systems and controls
* Develop new systems and tools to progress the operations of the Compliance program
* Partner with engineers, project managers, and analysts to deliver insights to Compliance
* Perform root cause analysis and resolve production and data issues
* Create test plans, test scripts and perform data validation
* Build and maintain process documentation
* Balance numerous projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment
* Participate in ad-hoc remediation or business specific projects which may include examinations and/or external audits
* BA/BS degree or international equivalent
* 7+ years of relevant work experience with compliance technology and data analysis within the financial services, digital asset and/or management consulting spaces
* Advanced skills with Python and SQL are a must
* Comfort in a technology-forward company and facility with computer and web-based applications, including Microsoft Office, case management systems, and web-based databases
* Experienced in working collaboratively across different teams and departments
* Strong technical and business communication to articulate effectively to senior management
* Authorization to work in the United States and fluency in English
* Understanding of or familiarity with regulatory expectations and industry standards in relation to AML/BSA/Sanctions regulations.
* Exposure to blockchain tracing/analytics tools or blockchain concepts.
* Adaptability to an ever-changing environment and the capability to articulate thorough analysis to stakeholders.
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
* Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
* Flexible vacation policy
* Retirement Plan Matching
* Generous Parental leave
* Comprehensive health plans
* Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.