Sila's goal is to transform the financial landscape by creating an open-access financial network with a stable cryptocurrency at its core. W...
Sila's goal is to transform the financial landscape by creating an open-access financial network with a stable cryptocurrency at its core. We want to help developers and entrepreneurs bring their fintech ideas to market quicker and easier by incorporating compliant processes and making money programmable.
We are seeking an experienced Backend Engineer (or Full-Stack Developer with strong backend experience) to help build features, products and APIs to meet the needs of our fintech customers. We need a software engineering lead with experience working with Python, who can manage and mentor a small team as well as produce great code. The right candidates will have experience working with AWS, API design and SDK development. Our team is based in Portland, OR, although we may consider a remote role for the right person.
Here is what you will be doing:
- Develop reliable APIs to address market needs.
- Create, improve and maintain backend processes per Product Requirements.
- Work in conjunction with the Engineering, Design and Product Teams to build the products and features in a timely manner.
- Create code in a clean and easy to understand method.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to development team.
- Willingness to participate in an on-call rotation using defined escalation procedures.
- Develop and deploy web applications per Product Requirements and Design Specifications.Document best practices and help to create a knowledge base.
- Other duties as assigned
Here is what will have prepared you for this role:
- At least 10 years experience in backend or full stack development.
- Desire to lead a team and make design decisions.
- The proven ability to quickly and efficiently analyze problems and then offer effective and workable solutions.
- The proven ability to lead and mentor a team of software engineers.
- Experience developing and architecting software in Python.
- Verifiable experience with AWS infrastructure, including event-driven microservices.
- At least 2 years of front end development experience.
- Proficiency in the Python programming language.
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or engineering (or equivalent experience)
- Excellent understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Familiarity with API security and best practices.
- Experience leading Agile/Scrum development teams.
- The proven ability to work independently and be self-motivated with minimal supervision and assistance.
- Self-development skills with a willingness to keep up to date with fast-changing trends.
Preferably you will have:
- Experience developing highly available and secure APIs.
- Experience with the Django framework
- Experience with the React framework
- Understanding of banking or money movement processes.
As a Sila Team member you will
- Be part of developing and building a whole new financial system making moving money quicker and easier.
- Be joining a great and diverse team of experienced and respected professionals.
- Play an active role in bringing our customers dreams to life and through them serve the financial needs of many underserved populations around the world.
- Expected Salary is $110,000-150,000, DOE.
- This role is eligible for Stock Options.
- Full Benefits Package
- Responsible "Unlimited" Time-Off
Job Type: Full-time
Sila Core Values
- Accountability - we hold each other to the highest standards to ensure quality in ourselves and our products
- Teamwork - we support each other to succeed as a team; we are collaborative and help each other develop
- Fearless - we take calculated risks and we are not afraid to learn from setbacks and failures
- Respect - we treat every team member with respect and welcome differing viewpoints. No mean-spirited, selfish, or condescending behavior allowed
- Integrity - we are honest and forthright about who we are; we admit our mistakes; we live our values
- Fun - we are serious about injecting humor, play, and joy into our daily work
Keywords: Python, JSON, AWS, API development, SDK deployment, design, blockchain, frontend, backend, full stack, Django, React, microservices, mentor, train, develop
Sila is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Sila does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship status, national origin, veteran status, uniformed service member status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.