The Lead Architect is responsible for leading and supporting Enterprise Architecture activities that develop and maintain t...
The Lead Architect is responsible for leading and supporting Enterprise Architecture activities that develop and maintain the global solutions architecture for the enterprise. The Lead Architect will create, direct, and manage solutions that drive targeted business outcomes and lead response to disruptive change within and without the organization. These solutions include applications, technologies, processes, infrastructure, portfolio management, strategy, and governance.
The Lead Architect will create and maintain deliverables that describe the organization's current state and future state solutions. This includes aligning technology solutions to business processes and business future state. The Lead Architect will work with business and technology teams to construct, maintain, and periodically review strategies and roadmaps in the appropriate domains; solutions, RAs, and FSAs for projects, technologies, and processes; and partnering on bringing solutions and requests through the governance process. The Lead Architect will ensure alignment to security best practices are present in solutions.
The Lead Architect is responsible for establishing and maintaining the enterprise portfolio and, in partnership with the CTO, the global architecture review board. The Lead Architect will guide application design, application architecture paradigms, the enterprise service oriented architecture, infrastructure architecture, data & integration architecture, and principles that influence design decisions and patterns.
- Design and lead the implementation of a solutions architecture across a group of specific business applications and/or technologies based upon business strategy, capabilities, and requirements; define opportunities to refine, optimize, and reinvent existing architecture
- Understand business drivers and capabilities (both current and future state) and map to technology requirements to drive targeted business outcomes; document and optimize business processes
- Identify necessary non-functional requirements (e.g., performance, security, reusability, and operational) and facilitate the development of a conceptual architecture
- Establish broad architecture principles to guide decisions (e.g., reuse, buy vs build, cloud vs on-premise, integration potential, SOA)
- Establish and maintain enterprise portfolio management capability. Inventory internal technology and applications as well as vendor platforms. Publish and maintain enterprise standards.
- Partner with CTO and PMO to establish and run global architecture review board as part of standard project process. Ensure all projects are aligned with enterprise architecture strategy and published strategies and roadmaps for the domain.
- Create and maintain multi-year strategies and roadmaps for appropriate domains (e.g., New Business, Policy Admin, Content Management) in partnership with business and technology teams
- Provide consulting support to infrastructure and technology governance organizations in their efforts to execute a currency program
- Consult with application and infrastructure projects to fit systems and/or infrastructure to architecture and ensure alignment to standards, strategy, industry evolution, and best practices.
- Understand technology trends and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business and operational needs; analyze IT industry and determine their potential impact on the enterprise
- Align new and emerging ideas, technologies, and platforms to the business (e.g., microservice architectures, integration opportunities, blockchain, open source frameworks, industry leading technologies, DevOps, CI/CT/CD, Containers, SaaS/PaaS solutions)
- Define, publish, and maintain principles, guidelines, reference architectures, future state architectures, standards, roadmaps, and patterns
- Identify the organizational impact (e.g., skills, processes, structure, culture) and financial impact of the solutions architecture and of proposed technologies and designs within projects.
- Mentor more junior architects
- 7+ years of experience in at least two IT solutions development/design disciplines such as technical architecture, application architecture, infrastructure design, middleware, application development, or data
- Demonstrated understanding of strategic, new, and emerging technology trends and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies to new and evolving business and operations needs.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and translate future state business requirements into solution architecture requirements
- Exposure to multiple diverse technologies and processing environments; knowledge of all components of a global enterprise technical architecture
- Excellent knowledge of application design patterns and data integration and integration patterns; knowledge of infrastructure and network architecture and concepts
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate technical concepts to a technical and non-technical audience
- Exceptional interpersonal skills - teamwork, facilitation, negotiation, leadership - with the ability to drive complex decisions through influence
- Experience working with technical teams both on- and off-shore
- Strong pragmatism - ability to understand and articulate the long-term "big picture" while also understanding how to deliver solutions (and options) quickly and semi-tactically aligned to the strategy
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or related field, or 10 years equivalent work experience
- Understanding of agile methods and processes; experience working in or with agile project teams
- Understanding of appropriate KPIs and methods for evaluating the success of an implemented or existing solution
- Understanding of information security, compliance, and risk concepts as it relates to solutions architecture to ensure data and IT systems are protected; experience partnering with IT Risk & Security teams
- Knowledge of financial models and budgeting
- Experience within the life and annuity insurance industry
- Experience in a global environment
- Experience with M&A analysis and evaluation
- TOGAF or similar framework certification
Environment and/or Physical Factors:
- Salary DOE
- Full Benefits Package Available
Global Bankers Insurance Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
Global Bankers Insurance Group, LLC (Global Bankers) represents and manages a consortium of rapidly growing life and annuity insurance and reinsurance companies. We have operations throughout the U.S. and in select international markets. Our primary product suite consists of fixed annuities, life insurance and some supplemental products, distributed primarily through independent agents and worksite channels. In addition, we are an active reinsurer of both new and in force books of business. Global Bankers offers an entrepreneurial work environment that provides opportunities for constant learning & growth. We are headquartered in Durham, North Carolina and are a wholly-owned division of Eli Global, LLC. Additional information can be found at .