Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more th...
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice - our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: Financial Operations
The Finance and Accounting Team at Gemini consists of thought leaders in the digital asset accounting and reconciliation space. Our mandate is to bridge the traditional world of finance with the innovation of cryptocurrency products, providing our clients with a best-in-class financial institution experience.
The Role: Finance Lead
Our team is looking for a motivated accounting professional to support our rapidly growing business. In this role, you will be instrumental in scaling and streamlining the financial close process team and processes, optimizing the procure-to-pay, and record to report function, ensuring the team's successful collaboration across the business, and supporting the business transformation by establishing controls, policies, and processes. This position will provide financial close process optimization and scalability, besides accounts payable, prepaid and accruals besides general ledger ownership. The candidate must be well versed with applying general accounting knowledge and performing tasks with excellent attention-to-details to support the current operations and expansion. The individual will assist with monthly/quarterly close, and reconciliation of accounts in accordance with guidelines.
- Support, scale and streamline the record-to-report cycle, including but not limited to accruals, prepaids and accounts payable cycle to ensure timely and accurate month-end, quarter-end and annual close.
- Develop and implement enhanced controls, policies, and procedures to improve operational efficiency and accuracy
- Support and perform full cycle accounts payable functions by coding, vouchering, reviewing, and processing vendor invoices while ensuring compliance with accounts payable controls, policies, and procedures
- Address internal and external inquiries and and resolve outstanding issues, as applicable
- Perform GL coding and review of all general ledger transactions, as applicable
- Mentor and manage the team
- Manage the processing of invoices for payment, including matching, account coding, data entry and required approvals, as applicable.
- Maintain and process the 1099 data for vendors file annually
- Ad hoc requests as needed
IT PAYS TO WORK HERE
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 6+ years of progressive AP experience
- Public company and/or hyper-growth start-up experience preferred
- Thorough understanding of U.S. GAAP and financial accounting fundamentals
- Significant proficiency in MS Excel and Google Sheets
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to manage deadlines and responsibilities effectively; ability to multitask and work successfully under pressure
- High attention to detail
- Willingness to take on new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Desire to work within a diverse, collaborative, and driven professional environment
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development