Introduction Thomas J. Watson said it best: "Good design is good business." Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights a...
Thomas J. Watson said it best: "Good design is good business." Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Designers at IBM work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? If so, read on!
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Junior UI/UX Designer will be responsible for understanding business requirements (including any technical limitations) by conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mockups and prototypes. The Junior UI/UX designer will also be expected to design the overall functionality of the product, and in order to ensure a great user experience, iterate upon it in accordance with user-testing.
In addition, this role will:
* Work with Product Owners, Stakeholders and other team members as appropriate
* Understand and utilize the tools and technologies being used
* Understand and apply the branding standards
* Work with the SMEs to understand the requirements
* Work with PM / IM to keep on track with the project plan, timeline and billing
* Work with UI Developers to implement UX designs
* Work with the Test and Quality Assurance (QA) teams to address any issues
Successful candidates for these positions will work onsite at the IBM Client Innovation Center in Baton Rouge. The IBM Client Innovation Center is an in-bound delivery model where we support our clients from our Baton Rouge center. However, some travel is expected and all candidates must be willing and able to travel to meet our client needs across the US. Travel is typically related to knowledge transfer and training at the client site (Monday thru Friday). You are expected to travel up to 50% of the time. This is a traditional office position. You must live in, or be willing to relocate to, Louisiana within 30 days of the office permanently reopening post-covid. The work location is 100 North Street Baton Rouge, LA 70802. This is not traditionally a work from home position.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* At least 2 years of relevant experience
* Experience creating wireframes and prototypes of web and mobile applications (edited)
* Ability to fill any role within the UX workflow pipeline, from concept, wireframe, comps, & implementation
* Experience creating personas, journey maps, process flows, and user stories
* Ability to create an end-to-end UX design structure
* Good writing skills and ability clearly articulate design solutions to non-designer audiences
* Practical experience with a prototyping tool (one or more of the following): Adobe xD, Axure, Sketch, Keynote, Visio
* Understanding of usability principles, and WCAG guidelines
* Ability to perform usability analysis of existing apps, and to provide critical feedback and recommendations
* Proficiency in designing and assembling presentation decks in Keynote and/or Powerpoint
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
* Experience with video editing software, such as Adobe Premiere and After Effects
* Experience of participation in a Design Thinking Workshop
* Advanced understanding of both iOS and Material HIGs
* Experience creating animated prototype samples within an application such as xD, Keynote, or inVision
* Hands-on experience creating a Universal Style Guide
* Experience working in an Agile environment