What You'll Do
You are a Jr Systems Engineer, working with a team of talented engineers supporting Cisco's worldwide datacenter operations ...
What You'll Do
You are a Jr Systems Engineer, working with a team of talented engineers supporting Cisco's worldwide datacenter operations hosting the BroadCloud family of products. This is a great opportunity for someone with both technical and interpersonal skills making valuable contributions to all of BroadCloud Engineering while working with an industry leader in technology.
Some of your responsibilities will be:
Who You'll Work With
- Works within a team of Engineers with responsibility for the worldwide development and operation of data centers supporting the BroadCloud and Webex Calling products
- Identifies, tracks, and leads hardware service across global data centers
- Configures, tests, and remediates operations of backup services
- Coordinates deployment of global hardware
- Builds and configures virtual servers as requested by other departments
- Remediates security vulnerabilities in both hardware and software
- Interfaces with software and hardware vendors for support
- Helps manage operation of the local lab
- Participates in major cross-functional projects affecting Cisco business, product, or service leadership
- Identifies and works on issues that affect worldwide BroadCloud operations and other services teams
- Work is reviewed and measured based on attainment of objectives and overall success of department
Cisco's BroadCloud Engineering team is a dynamic and growing organization. The Jr Systems Engineer will work with a team of Systems Engineers building and supporting our worldwide hosting platform. The Engineer works on both an individual ticket queue and on larger projects encompassing other members of the Engineering and other teams. The Engineer also works closely with the Networking, Security, and Operations teams to define, build, and operate a stable and scalable platform for internally-developed Internet-facing software. The ideal candidate demonstrates knowledge of business processes and team dynamics across the organization, as well as the drive to accomplish tasks independently, within policies, and on-time. Who You Are
You will demonstrate an aptitude and appetite for learning new skills, and applying this to drive efficiency, streamline deployments, and manage uptime.
You will reports to a BroadCloud Systems Manager and builds strong team relationships with BroadCloud teams located all over the world. You will also works particularly closely with Security and Networking teams to solve problems and complete projects
You'll work Cisco's office business hours and participate in a rotating on-call schedule. Minimal travel is expectedRequired Experience:
- Typically requires BS/BA or equivalent plus 2 years of related experience
- Excellent communication skills to work with the global Engineering team
- Knowledge of TCP/IP stacks and services
- Knowledge of server hardware and maintenance
- Experience with VMware or other virtualized environments
- Linux and/or Windows administration experience
- Demonstrated drive for continuous learning, results-orientation, and teamwork
- Professional & concise communication (written & verbal)
- Flexible: very able to adapt to a changing environment
- Out-of-the-box thinker
- Ability to drive change through innovation & process improvement
- Performs well under pressure and in disruptive environments where priorities can change in response to market and internal demand
- Operational mind-set and disposition
- Proven ability to work cross-function and cross-department
- Experience writing Policies and Standard Operating Procedures
- Experience with any of the following technologies is a definite plus:
- Cisco's Unified Computing System (UCS) and HyperFlex product lines
- Virtualization, particularly VMware
- Backup solutions
- Container technologies, especially Docker and Kubernetes
- Cloud platforms, particularly AWS
- High-availability concepts
- Encryption technologies
- NIST-based compliance frameworks
- Common network technologies and topologies, including load balancing, trunking, TLS, VOIP
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here's how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool.
*LI-MR1 - provided by Dice