Junior Innovations Specialist-Associate
Job ID: Full/Part-Time: Full-time Regular/Temporary: Regular Listed: 2019-01-04 Location: New York,...
Junior Innovations Specialist-Associate
Job ID: Full/Part-Time: Full-time Regular/Temporary: Regular Listed: 2019-01-04 Location: New York, United States of America
Our technology teams are responsible for the bank's entire information technology infrastructure. They develop and maintain the software required to support the bank's business. The teams work closely with the businesses and other infrastructure units to modernise the bank's IT systems to reduce complexity, risk and enable business growth.
With award-winning mobile banking apps and trading systems, our technology helps Deutsche Bank deliver high-quality products to clients. We make sure that the phones and computers work and that emails are delivered - but we also develop solutions that help our people share their knowledge, expertise and passion for our business.
Deutsche Bank sees itself as a technology-driven company that can gain market share with new, cutting-edge ideas. The ambition is to be a leader in the area of digitalisation.
We are making investments into digital technology across all businesses to enhance the client experience, harness the power of data, and strengthen efficiency and controls by increasing automation. We are also collaborating with external partners such as start-ups, FinTechs, and technology specialists worldwide to discover and implement innovative solutions for our clients.
Deutsche Bank has become one of the first financial institutions to establish a professional research and development department, including capabilities such as four innovation labs and the digital factory in Frankfurt.
Join us here, and you'll constantly be looking ahead. We'll look to you to capitalise on new technological trends that can reshape our business and deliver value for our clients, whilst still meeting the demands of customers, regulators and the markets.
Job Title: Junior Innovations Specialist
Corporate Title: Associate
Location: New York, NY
About Deutsche Bank
We are Germany's leading bank with strong positions in Europe and significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific. We're driving growth through our strong client franchise, investing heavily in digital technologies, prioritizing long-term success over short-term gains, and serving society with ambition and integrity. We serve our clients' real economic needs in commercial and investment banking, retail banking and transaction banking, and provide ground-breaking products and services in asset and wealth management. That means a career packed with opportunities to grow and the chance to shape the future of our clients.
Deutsche Bank Innovation Labs - Americas
Deutsche Bank is seeking a highly motivated and accomplished Junior Innovation Specialist who can assist in driving both continuous and disruptive innovation.
Between 2015 and 2018 Deutsche Bank has successfully founded the Innovation Labs in selected geographies in Berlin, London, New York City, Palo Alto, and Singapore, with the intent of partnering with Start-Ups, Incubators, Accelerators, Venture Capital Firms, Academia and Strategic Partners to drive the evaluation and adoption of new and emerging technologies.
We are seeking a Junior Innovation Specialist, with knowledge of the broad technology landscape, who can support our team in attaining a new level of organizational efficiency for business challenge identification, technology evaluation and innovation adoption. You will have knowledge in enterprise innovation and of industry best practice to help drive tangible ROI, and support the successful implementation of our global technology strategy.
Based in the New York Lab, you will partner with key stakeholders to appropriately identify and evaluate opportunities for the application of new and emerging technology. You will support the Labs global network in identifying challenges through direct business engagement and source suitable solutions from the local and global tech eco-systems (e.g. London, Berlin, NYC, Silicon Valley, Tel Aviv, and Singapore). As such, you will engage with both large-scale strategic technology partners and early-stage start-ups, so interpersonal savvy will be essential to maintain successful engagement.
You will possess knowledge of emerging technologies (i.e. Blockchain, Quantum Computing, and Cognitive Computing) and be comfortable in educating team members and clients on the underlying concepts and their potential value to the firm.
You will be pragmatic, results-focused, and understand the need for expedited time to value. Being self-motivated, and highly organized you will manage the end to end pipeline of evaluations and executions, with the critical responsibility of defining the scope and approach to each engagement. In addition, you will be responsible for the production of evaluation reports, management of project risks, and support our colleagues in other areas of the firm as concepts mature from incubation towards final adoption.
* Manage relationships with senior business and technology stakeholders
* Facilitate challenge identification, technical evaluation and innovation experiments across internal and external functions
* Plan and manage the end to end delivery of Proof of Value experiments
* Assess and articulate applicability of new and emerging technology, specifically in AI/ML in the realm of automation and beyond
* Ability to succinctly explain complex technical concepts to non-technical people
* Identify opportunities and execute improvements to Labs operational efficiency
* Contribute to strategic initiatives for measuring and articulating innovation ROI
* Awareness and comprehension of standard regulated enterprise compliance policies and procedures
* Foster collaboration opportunities across our global lab network
Experience and qualifications:
* BA, BSc, MA, MSc in relevant field of study (e.g. Computer Science, Analytics, Finance, etc.)
* Solution architecting and implementation of Automation, including AI, ML, NLP and but not limited to the use and evaluation of AI, ML, NLP, DL algorithms (using Python and/or Java)
* Worked in the Chief Regulatory Office and knowledge of the RegTech landscape
* Proven, highly successful track record of enterprise innovation
* Strong knowledge of Financial Service business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high levels of customer trust and confidence
* Awareness of disruptive trends in Financial services
* Understanding of existing global technology eco-systems, specifically in New York technology eco-system
* Experience/understanding of emerging technologies (e.g. Distributed Ledger, Quantum Computing, AI)
* You are dynamic, intelligent and passionate and possess the following attributes:
* High level of ethics, values, integrity and trust
* Excellent communication skills - written and verbal - including formal presentation skills
* Interpersonally savvy when interacting with internal employees and external clients
* Desire to develop team members via mentoring, coaching, and collaborating
* Ability to work in a collaborative team or independently
* Strong planning, organization, and implementation skills
* Flexibility and adaptability in a dynamic working environment
* Attention to detail and quality focused
* Highly motivated with an overwhelming desire to deliver measurable value
For candidates applying for positions in the US:
Deutsche Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the "EEO is the Law" poster and pay transparency statement.