Bachelor's degree in Engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a mi...
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree.
Department of Defense TS/SCI security clearance with a Polygraph is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
You will have the opportunity to develop low-level software, identify vulnerabilities and adapt features into a larger embedded platform using cutting-edge technologies. Get the opportunity to understand, manage and own new development features from the research design phase to test and integration for a real-time operating system.
- This position is eligible for a sign-on bonus up to $20,000 for New Hires Only
- Referral bonuses up to $10,000 for critical hires are available to employees
- A Relocation package may be available for this position
Developing mission-critical systems that help keep people safe is what we do. At General Dynamics Mission Systems, you'll be part of the team that helps heroes make a true impact. The work we do is important. The challenges we face are career-defining. The opportunity we can offer is one-of-a-kind.
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve our customers' missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar space and everything in between.
Contributing to the design, development and implementation of countermeasures, system integration, and tools specific to Cyber and Information Operations, the Junior Embedded Developer will analyze, decompose, disassemble code, perform static code analysis, kernel-level debugging, and debug and modify software. You'll be involved in Protocol Analysis, Vulnerability Assessment, Security Research, Rapid Prototyping of proof of concept capabilities. It's your chance to step up to the challenge and prove you're ready to lead the world. Additional Qualifications:
The Junior Embedded Developer shall have a minimum of a Bachelor of Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or Computer Engineering or Mathematics and a minimum of two (2) years of software/system development work experience (Four (4) years of equivalent related military experience may be substituted for Bachelor degree); or a Master's of Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or Computer Engineering with a minimum of four (4) years of experience; and have technical expertise in one (1) or more of the following areas:
- Systems Requirements Analysis
- Software System Design
- Software System Development
- Software System Integration
- Software System Testing
The Junior Embedded Developer shall have at least one (1) year of work experience in two (2) or more of the following:
What you'll experience:
- Developing embedded software systems in assembly, C and/or C++
- Protocol analysis such as TCP/IP, SDH/SONET, ATM, MPLS/GMPLS, Ethernet, Carrier Grade Ethernet
- Developing embedded software systems in one or more of the following operating system environments: Unix, Linux, VxWorks
- Experience with operating system internals with one or more of the following operating systems: Unix, Linux, VxWorks
- Experience with reverse engineering and analysis of software
- Experience with Ida Pro or Ghidra
- Low-level programming of device drivers in a Unix, Linux or Windows environment
- Working knowledge of common protocols/standards such as TCP/IP, SDH/SONET, ATM, MPLS/GMPLS, Ethernet, Carrier Grade Ethernet
- Bit-level data analysis
- Hands-on experience with integrating hardware and software systems
- Experience with Python or similar scripting languages
- Proof of concept tools
- Systems engineering of large scaled embedded systems
What you bring to the table:
- Technologies that aren't just top-notch, they're often top-secret
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring what's next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge - as it's discovered
What sets you apart:
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree
- Understanding of operating system fundamentals (interrupts, threading, virtual memory, device drivers) and internals (memory layouts and management, binary file formats)
- Understanding and exposure to computer processor architectures and instructions sets
- Ability to handle more complex assignments and grasp and apply new information quickly
- Show initiative on assignments, exercises independent judgment and professionally executes projects with little direction
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran