Who We Are
Bakkt unlocks the $1.2+ trillion of digital assets that is currently held in cryptocurrencies, rewards and loyalty points, gami...
Who We Are
Bakkt unlocks the $1.2+ trillion of digital assets that is currently held in cryptocurrencies, rewards and loyalty points, gaming assets and merchant stored value. We began in 2018 with the vision to bring trust and transparency to digital assets. Through the Bakkt Warehouse and Bakkt Bitcoin Futures and Options contracts, we serve institutional clients in an end-to-end regulated market with true price transparency. For consumers, Bakkt aggregates digital assets to enable instant liquidity and to empower users to trade, transfer and pay however they want. Merchants within the Bakkt ecosystem see a lower cost of payment acceptance, enhanced customer engagement, and decreased loyalty through a variety of redemption options.
As a Java support Engineer, you will become an authority in production triage, gain broad knowledge across Bakkt's Platforms, work with all the groups within Engineering/operations, many groups outside of Engineering (e.g. Customer Support, Product, Sales), learn how to identify "classes of bugs", and solve challenging issues via software development.
- Validate, verify, and understand customer-reported and customer-impacting issues.
- Identify, investigate and solve deep, gnarly issues throughout our production environment based on metrics, monitors, tools, and other lenses into production operations you help to establish and utilize
- Willing to solve difficult scaling/load-and-performance (L&P) problems by simulating production traffic, measuring stress or "break" points, and driving to a solution with little direction, and working cooperatively with other members on the Java support team.
- Active member of performance tracking and triage team reacting to critical production alerts.
- Excellent analytical, engineering and verbal communication skills.
- 8+ years experience developing with Java, or another Object Oriented language.
- Experience in the Payments or high volume transaction processing applications.
- Broad engineering experience and proven track record in e-commerce, enterprise, high performance, large scale web / transaction processing technologies including cloud based APIs and protocols (SOAP,REST, JSON)
- Experience with both SQL and NoSQL databases such as: Cassandra; MSSQL, MYSQL;
- Experience with distributed version control system, such as Git;
- Passion for best practices in computer science disciplines, deployments and code management.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related academic field, or equivalent professional experience.
- Experience with Amazon or Azure Cloud Hosting Services
- Demonstrated success implementing high performance, scalable systems
- Passion for learning.
Bakkt is devoted to having diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Bakkt does not make any employment decisions based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity of any other characteristic protected by law