Piper Companies is looking for a Java Developer (Blockchain Developer) for a client of ours that that has a combination of Mortgage expertis...
Piper Companies is looking for a Java Developer (Blockchain Developer) for a client of ours that that has a combination of Mortgage expertise, financial strength and product innovation in Pittsburgh, PA .
Overview for Java Developer (Blockchain Developer)
This position will involve the ongoing development and support of a distributed web application at Radian. The candidate will be responsible for translating business requirements into cost-effective solutions, designing and developing those solutions with minimal supervision, and troubleshooting and supporting production systems. This position will also participate in the ongoing effort to modernize the platform and keep abreast of current best-practices.
Responsibilities for Java Developer (Blockchain Developer)
• Analyze application requests and business requirements for completeness and feasibility.
• Estimate, design, prototype, develop, document, and unit test solutions to business problems on a project by project basis.
• Mentor team members and aid in assigning work to engineers within the delivery team
• Review programs developed by offshore team and provide comments, feedback and suggestions to Application Architect and other developers.
• Participate in the daily design and implementation activities of core subsystems for new features, enhancements and revisions.
• Support the enterprise platform as needed and provide instant hot-fixes for critical issues as needed.
Qualifications for Java Developer (Blockchain Developer)
• A proven understanding of distributed systems, and development of applications using this model.
• Experience working with cloud technologies, knowledge of cloud native architecture is a plus.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills working in a cross-functional team environment
• Experience working in Agile methodology
• Java 8+ / Gradle
• Familiarity with Kotlin
• Bash scripting
• Basic understanding of Docker + Kubernetes
• Knowledge of Relational Databases
• Comprehensive benefit package; Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, and Paid Time Off
• $110-120k w/10% annual bonus target - provided by Dice