Is your idea of the big picture more of a massive billboard than a framed 8 x 10 photo? We re seeking Sr. Java Developers who are ready to t...
Is your idea of the big picture more of a massive billboard than a framed 8 x 10 photo? We re seeking Sr. Java Developers who are ready to take control of large-scale programs and applications for one of our clients in Boston, MA.
Here s the thing large companies have a distinct need for help with their massive technology functions. Whether it s SAP, a Java application, or SharePoint, these businesses require talent who can keep them up and running smoothly. If you have the breadth of knowledge it takes to work at the enterprise level, our client s opening is waiting.
Tell you what: give us 60 seconds. Look at what this role is all about, peek at our stellar benefits, and learn why BridgeView IT owns the competition when it comes to connecting technologists with the best enterprise positions. One minute from now, if you re just as excited about this role as we are, then you know what to do.
YOU LL BE VERY SUCCESSFUL HERE IF YOU HAVE
- 5 years of experience (at least 2-3 different projects) with Java based applications, Spring and microservices.
- Experience in performance tuning of the applications including JVM tuning and memory profiling.
- Proven ability to have relevant conversations with Product Management to understand the feature roadmap and produce designs that meet those requirements.
- Strong technical background; capable of understanding possible technical designs to the functional requirements, and recommending an approach that delivers high quality solutions, on time and within budget.
- BS (or higher) degree in Computer Science, related degree, or comparable experience
- Previous AWS experience crafting, developing, deploying, and supporting production cloud applications.
- Experience delivering and supporting applications that include modern web services (e.g. REST, Swagger, etc.)
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
- As part of the Development team, produce designs and estimates to deliver on functional requirements, while also owning the non-functional requirements that traditional Product Management teams typically struggle to define well (scalability requirements, HA/resiliency requirements, etc.)
- Develop, test, debug and implement code for existing and new functionality
- Perform full stack development using Java and SQL
- Review business and functional requirements provided by the Product Management team
- Craft technical design documentation and contribute to technical design discussions that will result in new business or technical enhancements
- Contribute roadmap and continually review existing architecture for improvements
- Work in an Agile software development process, contributing to story and task creation
- Work with QA to ensure high quality releases are delivered
- Rapidly address issues and fix defects discovered during client implementations when needed
- Work with our Information Security and other Governance teams to ensure we re putting out a high quality, resilient, secure product that aligns with Broadridge development policies and controls.
- Prior experience with Docker, Kubernetes and Jenkins
- Experience with GO and Swagger
- Familiarity with secure coding practices and OWASP Top 10
- Deep understanding of blockchain technologies (ideally hyperledger)
- Experience working with Azure
- Financial domain knowledge
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
ABOUT BRIDGEVIEW IT
Do you remember when the first YouTube video was uploaded in 2005? We don t, because we were too busy creating the best technology placement firm in the country. Back then, we saw how extreme the demand was for technologists. Companies needed help finding them, and technologists needed help sifting through the noise. That s our specialty.
You have a valuable set of skills, and it s our job to make sure you get connected with the roles, companies, and career paths that help you realize your full potential. We don t just forward you random job descriptions; we build a real relationship to get you wherever it is you want to go. We might be based in Denver, clearly the best city on earth, but we are connected to opportunities across America that will both challenge and fulfill you.
Let s do this. Apply for the above role or sign up for job alerts at
- provided by Dice