Our direct client, a Top Tier Brokerage Firm, offering electronic trading platforms for the trade of financial assets including common stock...
Our direct client, a Top Tier Brokerage Firm, offering electronic trading platforms for the trade of financial assets including common stocks, preferred stocks, futures contracts, exchange-traded funds, options, cryptocurrency, mutual funds, and fixed-income investments, is looking for a strong Java Architect/Senior Developer experience in establishing procedures and tools to develop, test, and validate security features and code review and to implement and maintain application software while following best practice application security throughout the code life cycle..This role is a contract position located in their St. Louis, MO corporate location. (Open to Jersey City, NJ Omaha, NE and South Lake, TX)
Java Architect/Senior Developer
St. Louis, MO corporate location. (Open to Jersey City, NJ Omaha, NE and South Lake, TX
Contract 1++ Year
Client has launched a transformation program of its servicing platform in order to deliver an enhanced, differentiated, and efficient operating model. Improvements will come in the form of better processes, tools, and information. After completing a strategic initiative, a vision for future state technology, processes, roadmaps, and value cases were created. Using an agile approach and providing proof of value along the way, this transformation will be long term and multi-phased. Principles for guidance of this program include a business driven and customer centric focus on design decisions, continual alignment with senior leaders for ongoing sponsorship, systematic and objective program governance, a flexible execution structure, and a comprehensive approach towards adoption of services.
- Performs system design and specification development.
- Program logic and flow-charting, testing, debugging and documentation.
- Provides analysis of problems and recommends solutions.
- Prepares program specifications and develops coding logic flowcharts in compliance with secure coding standards.
- Participates in client interactions to develop system solutions to business problems.
- May lead discussions with the business and with a business analysts.
- May work in conjunction with more senior developers.
- Works within established procedures and tools to develop, test, and validate security features and code review.
- Implement and maintain application software while following best practice application security throughout the code life cycle.
- 4 Year College Degree; Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience
- Java programming experience required
- Working experience with Spring Framework, Maven, GIT, Junit.
- Working experience with Web Services (SOAP\Restful)
- Experience with distributed systems development
- Experience with real-time, high volume transaction systems preferred
- Experience with Agile, Test Driven Development or related lifecycle methodologies required
- Demonstrated experience working with core business logic within applications
- Knowledge of multi-threading and concurrency
- Experience with real-time processing
- Relational database systems, and data Oracle Pl SQL is a big plus
- Financial services experience preferred
- provided by Dice