United States of America
HNC01: UTAS Headquarters (HS) 2730 West Tyvola Road, Charlotte, NC, 28217 USA
Do you want to be part of a new, exciting initiative to combine foundational IT with new digital technologies? Our Digital Technology team is driving business efficiencies and a better customer experience by connecting technologies, people, information and processes. From making aircraft more electric, intelligent and integrated to building new software platforms such as Internet of Things, big data, artificial intelligence, and blockchain, there's no better place to be right now than in digital. If you're an agile thinker who enjoys utilizing modern technology to make big improvements, then you're a perfect fit for this team. Join Collins Aerospace to help us revolutionize the aerospace industry today!
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The Incident and Problem Manager is a subject matter expert responsible for the daily oversight and governance of the Collins Aerospace ITIL based global ITSM process framework. You will manage operational and vendor teams and ensure that service levels are achieved. You will drive incident resolution efforts, root cause analysis and problem remediation, ensuring the implementation of permanent fix in production environment with the purpose of improving the availability of critical systems. You will provide leadership to various technical teams to guide them in their efforts during high priority ongoing incidents and problem management phases of the service management lifecycle, leveraging best practices according to the ITIL framework. You will manage all aspects of the Incident and Problem Management program, including developing and executing on the program roadmap, working with process owners and service providers to identify and manage Continuous Improvement projects and maturing the overall service capability. You will also oversee projects and initiatives that are part of the ITSM program.
- Responsible for decisions related to prioritization and escalation of incidents, technical and business communication on outages and continuous improvement scoping and prioritization
- Hosts Major Incident and Problem Review calls to determine root cause and action plan towards preventing problem recurrence
- Manages the life cycle of all Major Incident and Problem records from Incident to root cause investigation. Owning the process of seeing this through to permanent problem resolution and closure.
- Drives complex technical problems where analysis of situation requires in-depth evaluation and technical knowledge of all areas driving restoration of service with support teams
- Conducts QA around Problem Management validation of known error resolution and final validation, protecting the production environment
- Partners with Service Delivery, Infrastructure and Application Support teams to drive stability on production environment
- Manage and execute ITSM (IT Service Management) projects and any related initiatives with little to no supervision
- Facilitates the discussion between Problem owners and the Digital teams in order to apply lessons learned through root cause analysis to outline objectives that can be completed in order to design more resilient systems
- Owns the Incident, Major Incidents, and Problem Management processes, prioritizing with business stakeholders and ensuring the most critical incidents are addressed timely and successfully restored
- Service Improvement Planning - Continuously looking to enhance the service offering. Identifies and drives initiatives through to completion.
- Training / up-skilling of colleagues - Identify skills gaps and opportunities to strengthen the capabilities of the global team. Drives training and coaching to mitigate gaps.
- Responsible for all Incident and Problem reporting and delivery
- Develop and deploy Service Delivery Reporting Program to the Business Units
- Collect survey feedback and implement actions to improve services, tools and end user experience
- Complete special projects as assigned by the infrastructure team managers
- BA/BS degree from an accredited school in the area of Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Administration, or related field with seven (7) or more years of experience OR advanced degree with five (5) or more years of experience required
Experience/Skills Required or Preferred:
- ITIL Certified
- Proficient managing, querying, and reporting in ServiceNow
- Ability to work in a large and matrixed corporate environment
- Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills - servant leadership, collaboration, facilitation, and negotiation
- Ability to work with, and influence, all levels of management
- Knowledge of Digital Technology Governance and Operations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate technical actions to a non-technical audience
- Project and program management planning and organizational skills
- Customer service oriented
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Energetic and have an excellent work ethic
- Desire and ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts
- Experience with manufacturing and distribution companies
- Experience or coursework with infrastructure and applications
- 3+ years relevant experience in an ITSM role with responsibility for process design, implementation, execution, and continual improvement
- ITIL Intermediate, Lean IT, COBIT, PMP, Scrum, or similar industry certifications
- Technical certifications such as Network+, Security+ CCNA, MCSE
- Experience with Agile and DevOps principles
- Experience with Vendor Management
- Experience with developing advanced reporting capabilities for ITSM process CSFs, KPIs, and operational/performance metrics
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Note: A Background check and a drug screen are required for every external new hire in the U.S.
A re-hire will be drug screened if it has been 12 months since they were last employed by UTC.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition .