United States of America
HNC01: UTAS Headquarters (HS) 2730 West Tyvola Road, Charlott...
United States of America
HNC01: UTAS Headquarters (HS) 2730 West Tyvola Road, Charlotte, NC, 28217 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be part of a new, exciting initiative to combine foundational IT with new digital technologies? Our Digital Technology team is driving business efficiencies and a better customer experience by connecting technologies, people, information and processes. From making aircraft more electric, intelligent and integrated to building new software platforms such as Internet of Things, big data, artificial intelligence, and blockchain, there's no better place to be right now than in digital. If you're an agile thinker who enjoys utilizing modern technology to make big improvements, then you're a perfect fit for this team. Join Collins Aerospace to help us revolutionize the aerospace industry today!
The Change Manager is a subject matter expert responsible for the daily oversight and governance of the Collins Aerospace ITIL based global ITSM process framework. You will be responsible for monitoring, measuring, enforcing, and continually improving the Change management process. You will actively engage with multiple internal and external service delivery teams to ensure that IT staff and ITSM tool sets are equipped for efficient and effective execution. You will manage the daily process and partner with other ITSM leaders to develop strategic roadmaps for ongoing ITSM process maturation.
* Facilitates enterprise Change Advisory Board (CAB) meetings to discuss current and near-current releases and ensure CABS are effective and taking place
* Tracks, monitors, and updates all changes within change lifecycle while ensuring all change tickets are closed out within the change/release end time
* Develop and deploy a governance model to ensure all changes have required information for implementation
* Responsible for all change management reporting and delivery
* Manage all aspects of the IT Service Management function for Change Management, including developing and executing on the Service roadmap, working with stakeholders and service providers to identify Continuous Improvement projects and maturing the overall service delivery capability
* Drives process creation, an implementation plan and execution within the ServiceNow tool suite
* Act as a custodian of service (Gatekeeper function) and escalation leader, taking ownership of un-governed changes
* Service Improvement Planning - Continuously looking to enhance the service offering. Identifies and drives initiatives through to completion
* Training / up-skilling of colleagues - Identify skills gaps and opportunities to strengthen the capabilities of the global team. Drives training and coaching to mitigate gaps
* Support Major Incident activities and the respective planning
* Manage process for communicating to the business along with PO review and approval/budgeting responsibility
* Collect survey feedback and implement actions to improve services, tools and end user experience
* Complete special projects as assigned by the infrastructure team managers
* Partner with Corporate Change Process Owner to ensure business process success
* BA/BS degree from an accredited school in the area of Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Administration, or related field with seven (7) or more years of experience OR advanced degree with five (5) or more years of experience required
Experience/Skills Required or Preferred:
* ITIL Certified
* Proficient managing, querying, and reporting in ServiceNow
* Ability to work in a large and matrixed corporate environment
* Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills - servant leadership, collaboration, facilitation, and negotiation
* Ability to work with, and influence, all levels of management
* Knowledge of Digital Technology Governance and Operations
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to effectively communicate technical actions to a non-technical audience
* Project and program management planning and organizational skills
* Customer service oriented
* Strong time management and prioritization skills
* Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint
* Energetic and have an excellent work ethic
* Desire and ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts
* Experience with manufacturing and distribution companies
* Experience or coursework with infrastructure and applications
* 3+ years relevant experience in an ITSM role with responsibility for process design, implementation, execution, and continual improvement
* Experience participating in and preferably running Change Advisory Boards (CAB)
* ITIL Intermediate, Lean IT, COBIT, PMP, Scrum, or similar industry certification
* Technical certifications such as Network+, Security+ CCNA, MCSE
* Experience with Agile and DevOps principles
* Experience with Vendor Management
* Experience with Configuration Management and controlling and maintaining data within a Configuration Management Database (CMDB) using Change Management
* Experience with developing advanced reporting capabilities for ITSM process CSFs, KPIs, and operational/performance metrics
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Note: A Background check and a drug screen are required for every external new hire in the U.S.
A re-hire will be drug screened if it has been 12 months since they were last employed by UTC.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.