The Enterprise Architect (EA) is a key SME role in transforming and redefining technology strategy leveraging modern and cutt...
The Enterprise Architect (EA) is a key SME role in transforming and redefining technology strategy leveraging modern and cutting-edge technology solutions. This leader will d evelop, communicate, and implement EA and SA principles, policies, standards, guidelines and procedures. EA will also be accountable for creating and promoting the Enterprise Architecture process, outcomes and results. He Or she will work closely with Domain, solution, security architects and product teams to articulate feasible technology choices. The EA will frequently present to C-Suite leaders and technical decision makers while providing appropriate thought leadership and creative insights when needed.
Strategic planning 30%
- Understanding, advocating and supporting the IT strategy
- Work with each BU IT team to analyze their footprint, future fitness assessment, and present approaches to reduce technical debt, improve application health
- Partner with Domain architects to define solution architecture and technical context diagrams in alignment to business/technology strategy, specific initiative functional and nonfunctional requirements.
- Develop multi-year roadmaps, provide the vision and work with individual architects to translate this into tactical engineering blue prints
- Create architectural modeling for consumption by technical & non-technical teams.
Governance process and standards 40%
- Establish, lead, promote and communicate EA standard, guidelines and expected outcomes and results across all BU s and IT teams.
- Work with Domain Architects from each BU to monitor adherence to EA standards, tooling and compliance.
- Establish Architectural review boards and EA design sessions across all BU s.
- Establish a working relationship with Head Quarter s Enterprise Architecture team, enable local team to be part of decision-making process for EA practices and process.
- Establish IPaaS tooling, API governance & strategy across all BU s.
- Define and implement micro-services and integration strategy.
Establish a detail plan and timelines to transform existing application stacks towards future architecture.
- Guide and mentor teams on developing REST APIs including tooling for documentation (swagger, REST-docs, openapi spec), versioning, service discovery/registration, testing and management.
- Establish a standard guidelines and approaches for cloud development and deployments - AWS / GCP cloud environments using industry standard tooling for containerization and orchestration.
- Work with Infrastructure and domain architects on Infrastructure capacity planning, growth projections, standardizing HA environments and for real-time monitoring.
Design and implement the Technology business management ( TBM ) and Dev/Sec/OPS tool kit 30%
- Design and implement TBM, CICD and DevOps tooling and work with business/operations teams in defining RPA approach and help drive automation initiatives
- Excellent organizational skills and proven ability to execute on deliverables
- 15+ years of Enterprise Architecture experience in Information Technology with large and complex enterprise applications, with leadership abilities to establish and streamline EA processes across the organization, ability to establish, lead the development and evolution of the enterprise architecture (EA) program which ensures that VCI IT and Business is properly aligned to business strategy
- 15+ years industry experience in software, middleware, data and security architecture, design and implementation
- 10+ years of Experience with cloud computing services and infrastructure application development platforms and contemporary programming languages work, systems, or design
- 10+ years of work experience in an IT role requiring interaction with senior management.
Desired General Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems and/or equivalent formal training or work experience
Specialized Skills: Required
- Technical thought leader, with ability to bridge business & technical requirements to provide a cohesive, seamless solution to scale and perform, work to define outcomes, evaluate alternative approaches, and understand key constraints
- Support Conceptual and Logical Data Modeling efforts for strategic initiatives with a focus on architecture tooling and Middleware. Mentor junior architects and team members.
- Routinely work on multiple highly complex assignments concurrently.
- Stay abreast with emerging technology, industry and market trends (e.g., AI, Machine Learning (ML), deep learning, IoT, blockchain, DaaS, etc.) and consistently analyze impacts/changes to existing applications and frameworks.
- Deep experience with on-prem, Cloud platforms and hybrid solutions, along cloud frameworks offered from AWS, Azure, Openstack, VMWare, Pivotal Cloud Foundry.
- Microsoft .Net development platform: C#, Visual Studio, and VSTS
- Node JS, Rest based API s, Lamda services, Kubernetes and Docker containers
- REST, AJAX XML/ XSL/ XSLT/ XSD, SOAP, WSDL, HTTP development
- API Governance/ management, IPaas Design/Implementation, BPM integration. Enterprise Architectural tooling- BizzDesign/LeanIX
- Demonstrated experience on architecting systems for AWS, Azure and Hybrid Cloud platforms
- Demonstrated experience with advanced SQL queries for databases including Oracle, Microsoft SqlServer, mySQL, Percona, and Postgress databases
- Security of distributed web applications
- General issues related to performance, reliability, scalability, and disaster recovery of enterprise applications
- Experience maintaining technical and business landscape in an Enterprise Architecture Repository
- Automated deployment of distributed applications via Concourse or SysAdmiral
- Analytics platforms such as SAS and SAP Business Objects 4.x including WEBI and Tableau
- Data warehouse concepts and data modeling
- Knowledge in Open SSO, oAuth, SAML, SFTP, PGP
- Understanding of CFPB, GLBA, and consumer privacy laws such as CAPCA, GDPR
Experience in a large financial services environment designing complex solutions where understanding of compliance, risk are paramount. Work Flexibility:
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. - provided by Dice