What You'll Do
Cisco's Government, Trust & Technology Services (GTTS) team (a part of the Security and Trust Organization) is recruiting an...
What You'll Do
Cisco's Government, Trust & Technology Services (GTTS) team (a part of the Security and Trust Organization) is recruiting an experienced DevOps Manager. In this position, you will take a leadership role in support of our DevOps team which includes software developers and data center engineers. The ideal candidate will be a strong leader, action-oriented, collaborative and results driven. The ultimate focus of the position is to increase our operational efficiency by maturing our CI/CD process and automation in our on-prem and AWS environments.
This role is an excellent opportunity to be part of a world-class IT organization and contribute to the security and success of a large enterprise that's continually evolving its business models. This Manager will be responsible for managing a great team of individuals focused on software development and IT service delivery. The role is expected to provide strong leadership and direction to promote best practices in IT solution development, delivery and operations. This manager will be responsible for ensuring successful delivery of IT projects and IT capabilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
Who You Will Work With
- Provide technical and strategic direction for the development, design, and system integration across multiple customer engagements from definition phase to implementation
- Play a key role in evolving our DevOps strategy with a significant increase in AWS usage.
- Review business and technical requirements to recommend technical solutions
- Work with architecture teams to define technology direction and strategy in the cloud computing domain
- Lead the construction and maintenance of AWS solution environments
- Develop and maintain relationships with business stakeholders to ensure alignment with business objectives and strategy
- Strive to Automate Everything, Test Everything, Deliver Value, and Collaborate by Default.
- Partner closely with internal and external teams to ensure a cohesive strategy and bridge between infrastructure provisioning and code deployments.
- Ensure 24x7 availability of deployed tools and systems.
- Manage the interviewing, hiring and performance management of employees and consultants, and ensure compliance with company policies while coordinating with HR and recruitment firms
- Participate in vendor/software selection process, including creation of RFI's, RFP's and feature/capability comparison matrices
- Technical experience and/or knowledge of IP Networking, NAS, VMWare, firewall, load balancing, CI/CD, AWS, container technologies, Ansible, Jenkins, Oracle, Windows and Linux
The GTTS organization is responsible for supporting our internal clients who service the US Federal Government. We focus on protecting the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of information and computing assets associated with Cisco's US Government and Trust service delivery, while enabling business productivity. Our organization strives to exemplify operational excellence, defend and protect Cisco, and provide an easily understood operating structure and enhanced customer service to our internal partners and clients. Who You Are
Education and Experience
- Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.ship required due to US Government contractual requirements - No Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.s
- Applied knowledge of Agile Methodologies, DevOps and traditional development methodologies with relevant experience in all phases of the Project Life Cycle.
- Strong leader with analytical, problem-solving and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group to include executives, managers and subject matter experts
- Ability to work in a dynamic, team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Software/Computer Engineers or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 10+ years of software Engineering or IT Operations experience with at least 3 years managing direct reports, including staff management, mentoring, conducting performance reviews, providing constructive feedback, managing team tasks, work schedules, and creation of development plans
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills required
- Experience with IT operations, application and infrastructure life cycle management
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here's how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool.
*LI-PRIORITY AND *LI-KM1 - provided by Dice