We have an immediate opportunity for an IS Business Lead to join the Plant & Automation team based in Princeton, New Jersey. In their capaci...
We have an immediate opportunity for an IS Business Lead to join the Plant & Automation team based in Princeton, New Jersey. In their capacity of Business System Lead, the BSL P&A is a senior technician in the manufacturing and supply chain applications space covering business processes, best practices, systems and design of solutions. They perform functional support for applications and systems, analyzing and solving incidents and problems, identifying root causes and reporting critical issues to management. All affiliates in the Americas region are in scope of the responsibility of the BSL P&A, along with coordination with other BSA (Business System Analyst)/BSL involved in the same activity in other Regions. The BSL P&A uses their functional knowledge to be the bridge between the business and the rest of IS, working on global IT projects as well as regional engineering projects.
- Leverage leading technology expertise and comprehensive manufacturing domain knowledge to propose appropriate technological solution options and continuous improvement opportunities
- Translate business requirements into clear functional design specifications and verify proposed technical designs satisfy functional requirements.
- Coordinate solution delivery and support activities across peer support groups, centralized technical support teams, engineering & maintenance teams, and vendors as required
- Lead solution testing efforts by developing comprehensive test plans including user acceptance tests, preparing test environments, coordinating the test execution, and validating test results.
- Create detailed system design, architecture, and end-user documentation to support new system implementation efforts in the manufacturing operations domain. Deliver training and perform knowledge transfer to team members and super users as required.
- Play a key role in project initiation efforts by defining project scope and supporting the development of work plans, cost estimates, and timelines
- Act as the subject matter expert and/or solution owner for manufacturing operations management systems including but not limited to Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES), Batch Management Systems (BMS), Warehouse Management Systems (WMS), Automatic Compounding Machines (ACM), Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) and their integration with both higher level ERP systems and lower level DCS or SCADA systems.
- Effectively coordinate and communicate issue resolution with relevant stakeholders
- Extend technology support internationally to support global business operations
- Provide remote Tier 3 support of various shop floor equipment including but not limited to industrial HMIs, weighing scales, KVM, bar code readers, label printers, handheld mobile computers, and mobile weighing stations.
- Manufacturing hours Emergency support
- Expert knowledge of business processes, best practices and systems linkage
- Passion for emerging technologies in trends, such as Industry 4.0, Blockchain, AIoT and Industrial AR
- Strong project management skills, specifically in technology projects
- Strong knowledge of systems analysis techniques, application design, and development methodologies
- Mastery of IT Service Management best practices
- Knowledge of OSHA PSM elements and GMPs
- Experience with Industrial IoT and / Manufacturing Analytics / MES platforms preferred
- Strong communication and listening skills, capable of working effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues and stakeholders across all levels in the organization
- Skilled negotiator able to build and manage the customer relationship and enlist the support of other IS functions as necessary
- Strong customer-focus orientation
- Support team-building and drive internal process improvement efforts
- Ability to work effectively in self-directed manner
- 5+ years of experience as BSA (Business System Analyst)
- B.S. in computer science and/or engineering, project management or related field
- 3+ years managing technical projects
- French or Spanish proficiency a plus
- Willingness to travel internationally
- Work in a global and intercultural environment
- Culture that values diversity where people are at the heart of the company
- Work for the industry leader in research and innovation
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function. Firmenich is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran.
- provided by Dice