The Leeds School of Business at the University of Colorado Boulder seeks a Full-time Instructor (non-tenure-track) i...
The Leeds School of Business at the University of Colorado Boulder seeks a Full-time Instructor (non-tenure-track) in Information Systems beginning August 2021.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The University of Colorado Boulder and the city of Boulder offer a rich intellectual, cultural, recreational, and family-friendly environment. The Boulder area has been named as one of the top twenty tech cities in the country along with Denver and Colorado Springs. The University of Colorado and the Leeds School of Business are nationally recognized for the excellence of our faculty, programs, and students. Boulder is also recognized as one of the most desirable places to live in the US. By joining the Organizational Leadership and Information Analytics (OLIA) Division at Leeds, you will be part of a collegial and productive group of scholars with the highest standards of research and teaching excellence.
Please visit CU Boulder's Organizational Leadership and Information Analytics website.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
The Division of Organizational Leadership and Information Analytics within the Leeds School of Business at the University of Colorado at Boulder seeks an instructor or senior instructor to teach topics in programming, data management, machine learning, and other courses relevant to applicant background or intuitional needs. Instructors typically teach seven classes a year and engage in service activities.
What We Can Offer
Rank and salary (range is $70,000 - $85,000) will be commensurate with qualifications and experience and based on the University of Colorado pay scale. Relocation assistance, a computer and a faculty development account will be provided.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be Informed. Be Resourceful. Be Boulder.
What We Require
* Demonstrated knowledge and skills in programming (Python), data management (SQL), data transformation, business intelligence, business analytics, and machine learning.
* Teaching experience in one or more of the topics mentioned above.
* Master's degree in information systems, information science, computer science, or other related discipline.
What We Would Like You To Have
* Additional knowledge of unstructured data management (e.g., Hadoop and Spark), deep learning, blockchain, cryptocurrencies, information security, etc.
* Experience in curriculum and programmatic development.
* Experience teaching at an undergraduate and master's level.
* Experience advising students.
* A Ph.D. degree in information systems, information science, computer science, or another related discipline is preferred.
* Industry and/or government experience.
* Statistics teaching experience is a plus.
* Experience in Hybrid and On-Line Teaching Environments
To apply, please submit the following materials:
* Cover Letter
* Statement of teaching philosophy
* Records of teaching performance evaluations
During the application process you will need to enter contact information for three references and we will request letters of recommendation and additional materials, if needed, as the search progresses.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: