No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward. We need attention to every detail with an eye for the points no one has considered. The rewards for performance are significant. You'll help improve the health of millions. And you'll do your life's best work.(sm)
The Innovation Officer and Partner, Digital Strategy plays a critical role in overseeing the delivery and execution of high-complexity, multi-workstream engagements. The Innovation Officer and Partner serves as a senior leader and partner on the leadership team for both Strategy & Growth and the Optum Center for Applied Innovation. The engagement executive will have overall responsibility for quality of delivery, client relationship development and overall project economics. The Innovation Officer and Partner is an important member of the practice's leadership team with responsibility to contribute to overall practice development needs, growth strategy, contributing positively to team culture, and taking on direct reporting relationships. Innovation Officer and Partner will have responsibility for technology and innovation for the Center for Applied Innovation.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some of our healthcare industry's toughest challenges.
- Overall engagement executive across high-complexity, multi-workstream engagements and able to accurately diagnose the issues the client has identified (as well as underlying issues) and determine the appropriate solutions that will lead the client to create strategic direction
- Build consensus on the value of digital capabilities among client stakeholders who play a critical role in the client's ability to successfully implement identified solutions
- Experience guiding teams to develop strategy/technology roadmap for our clients and partners to implement their digital strategies, including integration of applications, technology, and/or digital products and services
- Provide subject matter expertise to define, support and drive the technology solutions for Provider and Payer Digital activities to accurately diagnose the client issues and opportunities and determine appropriate digital solution to advance client business objectives
- Industry expertise in one or more areas within the Healthcare Digital space and uses engagements to advance own knowledge
- Knowledge and project experience in at least 5 of the following areas - Digital front door initiatives including Virtual Health, Enterprise integration, Enabling Clinical and operational processes with Digital solutions, Contact Center - digital transformation, CRM, Legacy application modernization, Member and Patient Engagement, Marketing, Advanced Analytics and the foundational elements in Data Management, Emerging tech including IoHT, AR/ VR, blockchain. Etc.
- Principal point of relationship and escalation for client executives
- Accountable for overall engagement execution including: quality of output, client satisfaction (Net Promoter Score), and profitability
- Provides executive oversight of project economics and directs team to follow practices needed to ensure both quality and profitability
- Provide subject matter expertise to other Optum Advisory Services and Optum Company business units as it relates to strategic planning
- Provide support to other Optum Advisory Services and Optum Company business units when strategy expertise is required in addressing client issues
- Communicate effectively and accurately in writing and verbally to prospects, clients, and other team members
- Demonstrate strong relationship management skills and ability to handle challenging interpersonal situations
- Lead development of intellectual capital and thought leadership collateral
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10+ years of previous healthcare experience required (payer/provider)
- 7+ years of previous experience leading strategy work
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite - Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Familiar with variety of problem-solving approaches and frameworks
- Ability to drill down to the root cause of issues and be creative in problem solving
- Ability and established track record of leading multiple projects and initiatives
- Willingness to travel domestically up to 25%
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Relevant Advanced Degree (MBA/MPH/MHA, etc.)
- 15+ years of professional experience in Health Care
- Graduate level degree in business or healthcare
- Experience and highly proficient in managing projects that achieved budget and timeline goals
- Possess analytical reasoning and solution-focused problem solving
- Experience mentoring and developing team members
- Ability to lead and motivate cross-functional teams
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $130,300 to $250,200. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Digital Strategy, Innovation Officer, Partner, Payer, Provider, Healthcare Consulting, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote, WAH