We are the IT Tech Modernization Team partnering with Innovation Labs team within Freddie Mac to realize the art of possible in short iterat...
We are the IT Tech Modernization Team partnering with Innovation Labs team within Freddie Mac to realize the art of possible in short iterative approach to bring to life some of the most intuitive & useful platform features.
We are seeking a creative, hands-on, hardworking engineer to be a member of the Innovation Lab's IT Tech Strategy Team! As an Innovation Engineer, you will work on a wide range of Innovation Projects such as Mobile Application Development, Full Stack Development, Machine Learning and Blockchain. You will use ground breaking open source frameworks, all on the cloud (AWS/GCP). You will bring experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: Machine Learning, Data Engineering and AWS Cloud Formation Templates, Kubernetes, Docker, NoSql databases and Bitbucket, Spring Boot, Node.js, React Native, REST, JSON, HTML5, CSS, Selenium, NGINX, Express, Chef and Git/Github. You will be fully utilizing AWS with services such as Cloud Formation Templates, S3, EC2, EKS, Lambda, Route53, CloudFront, API Gateway(Apigee), and many more.
Your Work Falls into Three Primary Categories:
Innovation Engineer (Full Stack/Mobile App/Machine Learning/Cloud Engineer)
- Hands-on with building UI and Mobile Applications using React (/Native)
- Hands-on backend microservices & API development using Java Spring Boot, Node.js, REST, JSON, Docker, Kubernetes, NoSql databases, MongoDB/PostgreSQL and Tomcat with ownership of software architecture, design and development
- Developing Machine Learning Models in python and R by using AWS and GCP Machine Learning Platforms
- Collaborate with and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions with machine learning, mobile application & full-stack development tools and technologies and partner with Product/Business teams
Keys to Success in this Role
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or IT
- AWS Developer Associate Certification
- 2+ years of experience developing RESTful APIs
- 2+ years of experience in one of Cloud technologies - AWS
- 2+ Experience developing with large microservice-based architectures, container orchestration frameworks: Kubernetes/Amazon EKS
- 2+ years of experience in a database technology, preferably No-SQL such as AWS DynamoDB
- 2+ years' experience with machine learning
- 2+ years' experience in Python (NumPy, SciPy, scikit-learn, pandas, Theras, Theano,plotly) and any other open source programming languages for large scale data analysis
- 2+ years experience using Jenkins, Github, Bitbucket, Spinaker
- 2+ years of experience with a Junit, Selenium, Cucumber JS unit testing library (Jest, Mocha)
- 2+ years of overall software development experience
- Technically very strong Full Stack Engineer who is a phenomenal teammate
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you'll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.