If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space...
If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We're a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a "job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
* Define the infrastructure and software supporting architecture for multiple platforms including switches, firewalls, routers, and cutting edge Canoo processes & products
* Develop platform systems and collaborate across engineering groups to maximize the use of common emerging platform technologies, conventions, and technological building blocks
* Collaborate with Product/Portfolio Management, Architects, and Product Owners from various teams and Executive leaders to define the business and global infrastructure technical strategy
* Collaborate with global engineering leads at various Canoo business units to establish and drive adoption of conventions and innovation
* Provide infrastructure design and estimation for most portfolio projects (55%)
* Prepare and maintain artifacts consistent with the selected architecture framework (TOGAF) (20%)
* Create and maintain domain-level architectures within the infrastructure function (10%)
* Assist with infrastructure architecture road mapping (10%)
* Represent and defend proposals in the Architectural Review Board (5%)
* 5-8 years of relevant work experience
* Cloud Architecture certifications, experience with AWS, Azure and Google Cloud preferred
* Bachelor's Degree with Information Technology field of study preferred
* Nice to have: Other Education / Certifications: TOGAF 9.x, CISCO networking, Cisco UCE and UCCE, server and storage engineering, ITIL foundations, Terraform Associate
* Able to communicate clearly and convey necessary information
* Able to interact effectively with all levels of management
* Able to negotiate skillfully, promote/sell ideas persuasively, and close transactions with mutually beneficial results
* Possesses strong leadership skills with a willingness to lead, create new ideas, and be assertive
* Possesses strong organizational and time management skills, driving tasks to completion
* Able to constructively work under stress and pressure when faced with high workloads and deadlines
* Able to work independently with minimum supervision
* 5+ years of architecture, design, implementation, and or support of highly distributed service-oriented architectures, having an architectural sense for ensuring availability, reliability, scalability and security
* 3+ years implementing containerization solutions using Docker or LXC containers
Familiarity with virtualization technologies such as Hyper-V, vSphere, and vCenter
* Experience using Kubernetes, Docker, or Rancher for microservices deployment
* Experience with IaC using Ansible or Terraform
* Experience working with development teams to create the framework needed to supporting/building CICD pipelines. DevOps, version control, and system testing with Gitlab and Jenkins
* Experience working in environments gaining insight from log files with Datadog, Elasticsearch, Prometheus, and Grafana a plus
* Production experience with distributed datastores using, Hadoop, zookeeper, Cassandra, PostGres, Kafka, Redis, and Elasticsearch
* Network Security, Blockchain, Firewalls and SIEM, Secure Web Sockets
* Willingness to learn and teach complex technologies
What's Cool About Working Here...
* Four months paid primary care giver leave
* Flexible PTO
* Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
* Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
* Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.