Akuna Capital is a young and booming trading firm with a strong focus on collaboration, cutting-edge technology, data driven s...
Akuna Capital is a young and booming trading firm with a strong focus on collaboration, cutting-edge technology, data driven solutions and automation. We specialize in providing liquidity as an options market-maker - meaning we are committed to providing competitive quotes that we are willing to both buy and sell. To do this successfully we design and implement our own low latency technologies, trading strategies and mathematical models.
Our Founding Partners, Andrew Killion and Mitchell Skinner, first conceptualized Akuna in their hometown of Sydney. They opened the firm's first office in 2011 in the heart of the derivatives industry and the options capital of the world - Chicago. Today, Akuna is proud to operate from additional offices in Sydney, Shanghai, and Boston.
What you'll do as Information Security Manager at Akuna:
Akuna is seeking an Information Security Manager to join our growing team. This person will be responsible for providing vision, leadership, expertise and direction in the area of information security. This individual will work closely with existing firm stakeholders to refine and develop written policy and standards for information security based on regulatory requirements and existing frameworks. Areas of responsibility will include cybersecurity, business continuity, security of intellectual property, trading system controls, system release procedures, and message archiving, amongst others. In this role, you will:
Qualities that make great candidates:
- Design, deploy and maintain security solutions supporting trading and back office infrastructure
- Research and develop tools and automation that integrate with systems and processes
- Refine and develop information security training programs
- Ensure the enforcement of - and audit adherence to - information security policy
- Conduct periodic vulnerability scans and manage follow-up including investigation and root-cause analysis
- Advance and maintain our cryptocurrency security policy
- Research complex business topics including applied cryptography, blockchain and authentication
- Direct incident response and act as expert consultant on all information security matters
- 7+ years of experience in information security or related discipline
- Hands-on expertise with Linux, Windows, firewalls and routers
- Demonstrated ability to identify, prioritize and track tasks and dependencies to completion
- Experience engaging with senior management across diverse disciplines
- Collaborative team player
- Detail oriented and disciplined
- Strong written and oral communication skills